450 450 down and maybe out

Slobberdog

Tonight in the hall Tony, little video just for you guys, lol

only had a few mins to try last night as it was late getting dark and COLD!

Just glad got it sorted.........NEW 130x on Friday, yeah baby new bird in hanger

Slobberdog

Good to hear you worked it out Kev :D

Thanks Marius, its not to hard when you have a good starting point, you guys on here make life so much easier to work out problems, it was not something that i would have considered, one minute it was good the next it was not.

but glad its all sorted now, and ready to get some air later. :joyous:

Slobberdog

Well guys new update........

Firstly sorry before we start no video, my phone went dead.....

got two good batteries out of my 450 last night, nice and stable in hover tail now dialed in and last bit of wag removed (gain wag).

but heres the BUT, checked head last night which i was told was set up perfectly, lol, at mid stick i had 2º at full stick i had 6º and at bottom stick i had -12º, to say i was not ammused would be an understatement.

so what am i going to do, well, firstly i have a bit of play in the links in the head so they are going to be changed including new balls,

secondly i am going to set it up properly, after printing the manual off this site to get the correct lengths etc.

And these parts i will see if i can get when i get the 130x on friday otherwise i will order them in, oh and i will be able to fly still as i will have the new bird.

All things considered though even though the head set up is crap it hovers well, but as you get to mid stick because of my pitch curves and the head setup it drops quick like as if i am using neg pitch.

But there we are we live and learn...................................

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like the swash is WAY too low. Make sure when you are at mid stick on the collective, that the pitch curve is at 50%. Sounds like it could also be a pitch curve issue flattening out at the top.

Slobberdog

yeah Tony thinking about it done it in club with, throtthe hold on but in normal position should have chucked it in idle up so i would have the linear pitch curve, my norm curve though is i think 48 50 52 75 100 so will have to do the measuring again,

but need to change the links and balls to get rid of a little of the old age play it has in its joints, lol

Slobberdog

Well changed the links and balls that i could without taking the head apart but still a bit to much play in the head, old age it seems is a bitch not just to us humans,

on the bright side, with a little adjusting i now have + and - 11º and zero at centre stick, will see how this bucket flies on Wednesday night.

On the down side, need to save up for a flybarless kit, but hey i now have the 130x to keep me company, :friendly_wink:

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
What kind of play are you seeing? Can you get a video? I had an issue on the RCH Heli where the balls were .2mm smaller than it needed to be. It caused headache after headache until Jesse was able to kindly send me the balls I needed for the swash on the 3G head.

Slobberdog

it seems to be play in the metal parts to the bearings, short of taking the full head to bits and fully cleaning it, re bonding all the bearings back in on each metal component and then putting new screws in it (which i do have, lol), thats all i can think of doing, or i could replace the head,

it hovers well enough for me for now, if it gets worse i will do the above, not to worried now i have another bird on the go,

Slobberdog

not unless a bargain comes along, oh wait it might do soon, i know someone who tried fbl with 3gx and did not get along with it, if he decides to get rid i will get both in one fell swoop.

Tony

Staff member
Well there you go.

You could always try to be the best pilot on here and fly a flybarless head without a gyro hehe. It can be done, but if you think your 130x is twitchy, you have not seen anything yet hahaha.

Slobberdog

I think that the 130x will be flown the most will drain my 2200's for storage on Wednesday, then it will be all 130x for a while,

Think I might even strip that head off the 450, and completely rebuild it, give me summit to do in da evenings, sh** no summer is coming can fly in the sunshine in the evenings soon............

Oh Decisions, Decisions...........

Slobberdog

Well I took the head to bits and replaced all the links I could not do while it was together, built all the new links to the lengths in the manual and the swash was way out on the elevator (to high) so got that level with all the servo arms 90 degrees,

Then attached the head assy to the swash and bolted it down, checked for zero at mid stick and that was good, so thought I would do a spool up..........

Took it out the garden, checked blade tracking first, one turn got that spot on, so gave it a whirl, wow what a difference that made, it hovered perfect, need to do a slight bit of trimming but will do that at the hall tomorrow.

So the head now feels really tight and new almost, will do checks on travel at a later time,

Last edited:

danhampson

Slobberdog ive got a brand new tarot FB head in a box, i bought a tarot pro kit for spares for my trex 450 pro v2 3gx. Its been assembeled (blue locktight) and would just need fitting if you PM me your address you can have it. Would post on friday.

- - - Updated - - -

Might need a couple of links (nicked them for a cascade tail project

danhampson

no probs pal will send it friday all the links are in the head, it should just be a case of bolt on and set your pitch, ive got some 5g align fb paddles somewhere that i'll throw in the box with the head there supposed to make it more stable.

Tony

Staff member
Can't go wrong with either one. I think the Ikon has a little more stable properties to it though from what I have read and seen.

Slobberdog

Well I have had a s**t full of this heli, had another tail servo stick on me tonight, its dead as a door nail. Gonna try and send it back as its only done about 8 mins of air time.

So here's how the story goes, this heli is being sold or part ex'd for a new one.......

Will get rid of as is, I think.......... Anyone want a cheap project

Top Bottom