450 4.0 3gx

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I have the USB link for the 7200BX, but with my firmware, it's pretty much useless. Might put a 450 back together and stick the BX on it and update the firmware to see what it's like. I know the way it is, it's just useless and way easier to just do everything on the gyro it's self.

hyperc10

It's definitely 4.0 I just finished going through this thing again.Don't ask me how but it has moved to the pitch servo this thing is screwy When I spool up it now pitches aft before It even lifts off I have never in my life had this many problems with an align product!!!!! All of my directions are correct reflashed firmware cleared radio changed servos used 2 pieces of mount tape changed bearings are they wanting me to buy a new heli? This 3gx came out of a brand new 450L! Any input?

- - - Updated - - -

Here is an example of what I'm talking about. And the problem I'm having do you have a remedy

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
One thign that can cause this is the vibrations that the heli puts out without blades on it. When you have blades on the heli, there is drag against the blades keeping pressure on teh gears. The slapping that you hear in teh first part of the video could have caused this. I didn't hear this slapping in the second part.

One setup issue that I did see was your servo linkage placement. On a FBL or DFC head, you should be on the inner hole of the servo arm. Right now, this thing is going to be almost too twitchy to fly and control. I would move those balls to the inner hole then do the setup again to get your pitches correct.

Teh second video showed no issues. Other than swapping out the 3GX, did you do anything else? If not, maybe you have a bad unit. I know that most on here have pretty much given up on teh 3GX because Align is way too eager to put out new firmware that is not fully tested yet. The only true "good" firmware out there is 2.1. The 3.x series was a total wash, and 4.x is starting otu that way.

I know on my 600N, I have the AR7200BX and it's just solid as a rock in the air. I'm getting ready to strap an Ikon on it to see how well that one does.

hyperc10

Lol this is not my bid just an example of what I found on the Tube that was similar to what was happening to me sorry about that. But you have some good points.My next question is were and how do I get the software for the 2.1 version I starting to believe the 4.0 is a wash.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I just found the different versions of the software man this forum is great! My last attempt is to flash my 4.0 to 2.1 I hope this is possible? And then we will have eliminated another verible

Tony

Staff member
Yup, you can do that, no problem. But first you need to uninstall your current 3GX 4.0. Then, click on Start > Computer > C: > Program Files x86 > and delete the 3GX file folder.

Once that is done, unzip your file that you downloaded from the forum and double click the one for the Windows Installer. Install it as normal. Once that is done, follow the flashing video that i posted and it will walk you right through the process. It states it's for 3.0, but it works for all of them.

Graham Lawrie

It's definitely 4.0 I just finished going through this thing again.Don't ask me how but it has moved to the pitch servo this thing is screwy When I spool up it now pitches aft before It even lifts off I have never in my life had this many problems with an align product!!!!! All of my directions are correct reflashed firmware cleared radio changed servos used 2 pieces of mount tape changed bearings are they wanting me to buy a new heli? This 3gx came out of a brand new 450L! Any input?

- - - Updated - - -

Here is an example of what I'm talking about. And the problem I'm having do you have a remedy

I had the same issue on my 600, and it turned out there was a bad wire on one of my servos. It was very hard to find but it was the same. I think i put a video of it in the 600 section, i will check:)

Last edited by a moderator:

hyperc10

Yup, you can do that, no problem. But first you need to uninstall your current 3GX 4.0. Then, click on Start > Computer > C: > Program Files x86 > and delete the 3GX file folder.

Once that is done, unzip your file that you downloaded from the forum and double click the one for the Windows Installer. Install it as normal. Once that is done, follow the flashing video that i posted and it will walk you right through the process. It states it's for 3.0, but it works for all of them.
Could you post a link to your video thanks!

hyperc10

Could you post a link to your video thanks!
thanks I found videoI really hope this will fix prob and I'm also going to check all my servo wires and connections this forum is been very informative and helpful. I think all these things happen to me so that I can consider myself an expert and trust me when I say this is not an isolated incident in my many years of R/C Lol......

hyperc10

I found the problem!!!! Very simple fix for anyone who is having tipping problems during spool.With all the research and problem solving a set of blades and a servo I did not find this mentioned anywhere. It was right in front of my face those gain pots I went from 100 percent to 50 and no more problems. I also was wondering how do I adjust the dual rates since it is no longer adjusted with radio?

Tony

Staff member
The 3GX expo and dual rates ARE adjusted with the Tx. That is the only way to do it. It's BX and Ikon that is in the gyro.

hyperc10

Thanks I assumed since it was mentioned that it hates dual rates that it would be adjusted with program peramiters. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Do you set,dual rates and then set the limits?

hyperc10

I found out if you set dual rates after you set your limits they will not be in effect in the 4.0 you must set DR & expo before you sent ail ele limits in DIR mode.

Tony

Staff member
Incorrect. If you set DR's BEFORE setting up DIR mode, then you are setting the limits at what you have the DR's set to, NOT 100% travel which you should set it at.

hyperc10

If I do the setup in the order that you mentioned it seems that the dual rates do not take into effect I get a crazy amount of travel to the point were my ail horn hits the main gear(sport v2). I have not been able to fly because its like -2 deg outside the blades would fly off and with my luck hitting me in the forehead!!! Hey I read your blog on your new home I bought a new home last year and I hope I never have to go through that process again!!!!

Tony

Staff member
Hitting the main gear? Okay, fair enough. What I would do there is lower the numbers in the swash mix menu. I think my SE V2 did this on me. I just set it up so it would just almost touch the main gear and called it good.

If I were you, I would set it up with 100% throws and no DR, but them, use the DR to keep it off the gear.

As for buying a house. UGH lmao. We get to move our aquarium today. I have a couple guys coming to help me with that one. Not fun.

hyperc10

Hitting the main gear? Okay, fair enough. What I would do there is lower the numbers in the swash mix menu. I think my SE V2 did this on me. I just set it up so it would just almost touch the main gear and called it good.

If I were you, I would set it up with 100% throws and no DR, but them, use the DR to keep it off the gear.

As for buying a house. UGH lmao. We get to move our aquarium today. I have a couple guys coming to help me with that one. Not fun.

I moved one of those also for my son he loves his fish! I did get it out today got it in a hover did some pyros the tail held good and then the main power harness into the 3gx came out no power slammed into the ground !!!!! Set of blades stripped servo gear bent threads on pitch arms. That's it this thing is going in the burn barrel and I'm buying a BX. Sorry Align but I have not enough time for this or money for repairs l love flying not spending!!!

Tony

Staff member
bro, I don't blame you at all for wanting to get rid of the 3GX. I have done everything in my power to try to get the 3GX as stable as possible, adn although I have had it almost hands off, there are still issues. Such as horrible on the ground when spooling up, or the tail just not locking in at all. For this reason, I don't think I will fly any of the 3 3GX's I Have here ever again. I now have an AR7200BX and an Ikon. I LOVE the BX, but have yet to even pull the Ikon out of the package. Too busy on the house.

As for the tank, it's in here, the rock is placed until I get my other 25 lbs of rock on the way here on Tuesday, and I have no idea how I'm going to fit it all in my tank. It's dry rock, so you get a lot for your money. I will be editing the video here shortly on the install. I wll be doing a time lapse on it so you guys don't have to watch teh slow process lol.

BAdair

Dang, I can't believe all the issues ppl are having with 3GX. I have 450 with v3.0. 500 with v3.1 and 550 with v2.1.
No issues at all and all fly stable and great no tipping on the ground, I don't stay on the ground long tho.
I can't afford a BX and I have a Clone on my blade 300x of the BX it does well but I hate the setup on them, I'm used to 3GX and BX is like learning Spanish or something to me.

hyperc10

and not a good one! I always teach my kids to never give up and I will not!!! BX here I come if anyone out there has one for sell hit me up on a limited budget my wife choked on her food when I told her the cost of the Beast Lol!! I use a walkera pro radio so the spectrum version will not work.Maybe we could work something out if someone wants to give this 3gx a work.

Top Bottom