450 4.0 3gx

Sparse

I still have the 3.1 on my 3gx whats is the issue with 4.0 do you know ? This is why I ask before I do things. Thanks for the info slobberdog. :dog:

Kevinrc

No don't use 4.0 I spent countless hours trying to figure out what was the problem with my brand new 500E DFC, I even sent back my receiver thinking it was the problem. My problem was that the cyclic servos would twitch ever so often (10-15 sec) when I didn't move the sticks. I finally read that a guy in UK had the same problem and the solution was to downgrade. First I tried 2.1 and it was ok so I upgraded to 3.1 with still no problem. I was going to maiden the heli this weekend but the weather didn't cooperate.

Slobberdog

Are you running HV servos on the heli, this issue seems to be only evident on the new setups, ie 450L or new kits.

stokke

I'm currently flying my friend's 500E DFC on loan. It's upgraded with the 4.0 firmware - no problems.

Slobberdog

Hi Marius, it only seems to be glitching the new series servos, my 415m's are ok but the new 430m's seem to glitch. that's why I asked if it had HV servos,

stokke

Didn't know there were a new series out. Sweet!

- - - Updated - - -

And now I'm a bit disappointed :( The new servos aren't HV...

hyperc10

I recently have the brand new out of box 4.0 set everything correctly direction correction tail ect... When I spool up it pitches right hard cannot figure out it only does this with gyro mounted and also without blades reset and set a hundred times. Still no luck!! I paid 70.00 and cannot get off the ground please help!!!

Kevinrc

Well I couldn't fix mine and I tried everything. After my crash I downgraded to 2.1 then back up to 3.1 still the same. When I do the setup to test the compensation for Ailerons when I tilt it first it goes fast to the same side then corrects slowly. Anyway I decided I had enough of this so I just got yesterday from Mikado in Germany a Vbar Silverline.

Vbar.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Sadly, I think this is going ot be the way of the land. I have 3 3GX's, an AR7200BX as well as an Ikon and I HIGHLY doubt the 3GX's will ever be used again. The other two are just so much more stable.

hyperc10

OK I have been working on this thing for three days! And we have had some nice weather which I could have been flying in. I have followed your set up to the T and I did check directions comp many times by the way you r vids are very easy to follow thanks a million! I also would like to mention that even though I'm an experienced pilot this is my first DFC which I converted my trex V2. This thing should not have these issues I did counter my abrupt issues with this by clearing first my radio thinking I had some unwanted mixing going still the same result. I then reflashed

- - - Updated - - -

The firmware with still the same pitching to the right at about position 2 I then decided to check bearings I do know the 780 is sensitive. OK did find a main shaft bearing that was bad still same result went to 2 pieces of mounting tape did help but did not fix.At this point I start messing with trim went about three clicks fixed problem so far but have not had in air yet will test tomorrow.

Tony

Staff member
Wait, you are runningg a GP780 along with the 3GX? If so, you need to remove the 780 then completely go through the DIR and Rudder setups again. If you run a separate gyro with teh 3GX, it makes it mad.

hyperc10

Wait, you are runningg a GP780 along with the 3GX? If so, you need to remove the 780 then completely go through the DIR and Rudder setups again. If you run a separate gyro with teh 3GX, it makes it mad.

Oh no defently not running separate gyro the GP780 is inside the 3gx for tail same technology.

- - - Updated - - -

If I am not successful getting this thing flying what flybareless system do you suggest?AR7200BX or ikon? I see that you have mentioned these. Thanks for this site very informative.

Tony

Staff member
Ah, okay. Now I'm with ya lol.

Alright, lets check a few things out real quick just to double check on some things. When you hook the 3GX up to your computer, what does the firmware version say? Is it 4.0 as you say? The program at the very top may say 4.0, but what does it say in the lines below it?

The reason I ask is, 3.1 HATES to be on the ground. Tips every time. 4.0 is better, but still has some issues. Mainly in the tail.

As for the AR7200BX vs Ikon, that can be summed up on whether you want to use a computer to program it or not. If you want to use a computer, get an Ikon. If you want something where you can easily do everything on the gyro, then get the BX. I have both but have only flown the BX, and it's just super stable and does exactly what you tell it to. The only reason I have the Ikon is because my 600N needs a governor, and the BX doesn't have one. This is a nitro, so if you are flying electric, you don't need to worry about this.

cn63bug

As for the AR7200BX vs Ikon, that can be summed up on whether you want to use a computer to program it or not. If you want to use a computer, get an Ikon.

Actually the 7200 can be hooked up to your computer to do programming according to beastx. The newest release of their microsetting software is supposed to allow this. I haven't tried it yet as I've not needed to with my 300x, so I can't say how well it works or if it does allow you to cha he all parameters or not. Still like my ikon better in terms of control though. Just my 2 cents... ;)

Top Bottom