450 4.0 3gx

BAdair

I'm probably going to get dirty looks and comments for this, but whatever,:chuckles:

hyperc10 look at the Hobbymate US SHIP Hobbymate 3 Axis 3 Axis FBL Gyro for 250 700 Flybarless RC Helicopters | eBay

it is a beast clone, there are tons of reviews on other forums for this fbl board, I have not personally used this one, but I do have a Bigaole brand one that is discontinued and it does just fine. A friend of mine had it and all he uses is BX said it was pretty close to being exactly the same. I think that Bigaole is hobbymate now.

hyperc10

Thanks for the info have looked at this already looks good hb800 I'm not to big on this I believe you get what you pay for but I'm forgetting this as everything is made in China anyway!! So I'm going to give it a try and use the downloaded Beast X manual to program it Lol!!!!!!l

BAdair

Thanks for the info have looked at this already looks good hb800 I'm not to big on this I believe you get what you pay for but I'm forgetting this as everything is made in China anyway!! So I'm going to give it a try and use the downloaded Beast X manual to program it Lol!!!!!!l

Yea, I say the same, "you get what you pay for" and sometimes I do feel that some items are all made in the same warehouse with a different name on them. lol
I mean, I use the heck out of some Orange dsm2 rx, have them in my 30% 55cc Extra even!

I'm always willing to try the cheap stuff, most times I come out with good results, although there has been a couple that I wish I had went ahead and bought the real thing!

btw, I think the manual was on that listing in the pictures?

Good luck! post your results when you get it going!

hyperc10

I will and you're right put the manual on the tablet for easy reference. I can almost bet I'll have better results I'm slappin some Woody's on the maiden flight with it though if it will fly for more than 30 sec it will be better than the 3gx that thing has a brain of it's own I'm willing to send it to anyone who wants to pay shipping just to get it out of my house to real!!!

BAdair

I will and you're right put the manual on the tablet for easy reference. I can almost bet I'll have better results I'm slappin some Woody's on the maiden flight with it though if it will fly for more than 30 sec it will be better than the 3gx that thing has a brain of it's own I'm willing to send it to anyone who wants to pay shipping just to get it out of my house to real!!!

Looking at that manual it is the exact same setup as the Bigaole that I have on my 300x.
Just take your time with the setup it confused the crap out of me..lol
I was used to the 3gx and this one is a little different, when setting up the swash and servo centering.
If you have any questions I may be able to help since I have set it up a couple times, first time prob took me 3 hrs..lol

hyperc10

With a foot of snow on the ground I'm not in a big hurry I found this video on the tube that is I would say the most thoroughly explained and I have watched them

Last edited by a moderator:

hyperc10

We'll I received the hb800 finished setup and flew today great unit I just had to dial down cyclic pot one hour and it flew great!!! Even in some pretty high winds which I thought would be a great day to test and it held perfectly! I would say the 3gx 4.0 needs work and this 39.00 unit beats it hands down!!!!

Derek

So, do which version of the 3GX are people preferring? I think it's great that you got the $39.00 unit to work for you, hyperc10! I'll have a 3GX in my possession pretty soon and I'm wondering what version of the 3GX people are enjoying more.

Tony

Staff member
3.1 is great in the air, I'm talking almost hands off stable if you put my settings into it. But don't let it spool all the way up on the ground. You want to get it in the air asap. 4.0 is also fantastic in the air as far as cyclic and collective is concerned, and the helicopter will not tip over on the ground. However, the tail is the issue in 4.0. Not everyone is having an issue though. If you are tail in and you give quick rudder input to go full nose right, once you release the stick, the tail will stop nose right, then bounce right back to tail in. It's a little weird, but VERY flyable. I will have 4.0 in mine on the Align 450 when I stick my 3GX in there. But, I want to figure out that tail...

hyperc10

I think I got a bad unit. I was starting to second guess my setup ability but with this HB800 they say it is the same as beast X and I did use the 2.0 version BX setup exactly the same!! So I now have regained my confidence. My blade tracking was perfect on first flight way easier to setup than a flybared needless to say I'm very happy with this unit. When the weather is nicer I'll give it a smack down and let you guys know a real review. My wife kept telling to don't give up on it that I will figure it out you always do. She knows how much I love this hobby but it can be frustrating at times. I'm just really disappointed in this align gyro because they have the helicopters down and am very happy with them.

BAdair

I think I got a bad unit. I was starting to second guess my setup ability but with this HB800 they say it is the same as beast X and I did use the 2.0 version BX setup exactly the same!! So I now have regained my confidence. My blade tracking was perfect on first flight way easier to setup than a flybared needless to say I'm very happy with this unit. When the weather is nicer I'll give it a smack down and let you guys know a real review. My wife kept telling to don't give up on it that I will figure it out you always do. She knows how much I love this hobby but it can be frustrating at times. I'm just really disappointed in this align gyro because they have the helicopters down and am very happy with them.

Glad to hear the HB800 is working well, I figured it would as I have one like it on my 300x and never had an issue and crashed it a couple times now, and still going.
I too am having issues with my 3Gx's now and am almost scared to even use them anymore, I just can afford ah.. 4 BeastX. lol

hyperc10

Yeh I will never again use align electronics no problems with servos though have been using 415m's with no probs the only time I stripped a gear was with the,3gx and I just turned the output gear plastic stop/insert 180* and back in business! Thanks for the suggesting the hb800 as there would be no way( in you know were )that I would spend or my wife would allow me to spend Lol for a beast x!

Top Bottom