FBL Gyro 3GX Video Settings

MacJ

USAF
Many thanks for taking time out to look at the issues. I will do my best to answer some of the points you make.

1. I am fine on the 3 servo 120 setting as everything is moving in the correct way and compensation is all good when I tilt the heli.

2. As I am using the APS unit on this heli I need a three position switch. I have 3GX setting anywhere from 50% - 100%. So I opted for middle at 75%, The APS has to be set at 50% and finally the GPS function uses 35%. 0-10% is for failsafe. Tricky one

I have the DX7s and it wont let me use the flap/gyro channel to control the gains required for the APS. My thoughts are that I should use the AR7000 RX with a single satellite for safety and use AUX2 channel to control the APS or I get a DX8 which gives me a 3 position switch on Fmode

Your thoughts? Best regards Mac

Ton

I have the same problem on a laptop running Windows 8.1.
I installed the software on an old Windows XP machine and I now don't have the problem.

leedude1

Gentlemen,

Putting together my first build (TREX 450l) and the wires from the 3gx to my receiver (running a DX6 With included AR610) trying to mount the AR610 on the top position behind the swash and man there seems to little or not enough servo wire length to make the journey.
Although I haven't started to thread things through the frame, but I figured if straight seem tight I cant see how anything else is going to work... should I try to mount this else where on the frame, buy new wires, or is there some way to run these wires to get full length advantage? I don't understand why these wires would be so short from the factory though???

Thanks

leedude1

went the route of purchasing a spool of servo wire and some pins and male ends and will build new connections to proper length... Ill post a few pics,,,figured ill make it pretty at the same time since im there :lol:

leedude1

Ordered the aluminum tail servo mount and some wire braid but have not been able to sit down and advance with anything as of yet. But I will get them in when done... or even once in progress (my word) ..:thumbsup: just missing the time (and sleep) lots of stuff on the plate right now.

MacJ

I have lost countless hours on this 3GX-APS set up. I am now under the conclusion I need to upgrade the DX7s to a DX8 to get the 3 position Fmode switch. I just don't see any other way round it. If I use an RX instead of two satelites I still get issues with incorrect gain switching on gyro channel and the wiring and clutter is terrible. I like neat.

The long and the short of it.... goodbye DX7s... Wanted. DX8

leedude1

Tony,

Here is the photo I promised... I understand MacJ as I mentioned this was the only way I could get all the wiring done.. running it outside to the receiver. Its not perfect but Wiring.jpg its the only way I could get it done. haven't finished all my mechanical set up as of yet but hopefully Ill get it in the air for a first run wihtin the next few weeks if all goes well.

Wiring.jpg

leedude1

Hey K think we're almost ready to go.

Another few points I would like to clarify please, Im running a new (Talk to me Barbie) DX6 with the associate AR610 as i only have the 6 channels to work with.

So:

1. I have Gyro on the TX set to inhibit,,,do I need to set this to something (channel showing on screen is "gear" which is correct according to the way its wired following Tonys video)? If I select flight mode as "switch" ( which would make sense to me) what settings if any should I put into normal..idle up 1 etc I had seen a video where values were listed at around 68,70 percent area.. and the manual lists 70 -80 for TX radio Gyro settings... a confirmation on this info please.

2. Is this where I would make my adjustments if I get a tail wag (tx gyro settings) or will I need to hook it up to the PC and adjust the tail gain section I see in "setting display window"

I getting used to all these settings as in the past eg: trex 150, or the 130x etc I would simply set the radio as per the manual values and off we go... and when I put this one in the air for the first time would like to avoid disaster or nasty surprises...

as always thanks.

holtneil

Hi mate Ok the new DX6 the gyro works from -100 to zero this is rate mode from zero to +100 this is head hold mode , now the dx6 is like the dx9 click on switch and then flick the switch you want to control the pre set rates, now dont set up to 70% this is for a transmitter that works 0 to 100 gyro range set up the first flight mode to say 40% and see if tail holds ok if not up it then the second setting can be -40 this is rate mode then , Now if you go into the transmitter gyro as you wind up the number the numbers on the 3gx PC software will change to this will tell you its working ok also if you flick between hh and rate the led on the 3GX will change too
All gyro gain can be adjusted from the transmitter , you can set it up to a dail knob but if you knock it your have to set up again , so leave it as going into transmitter gyro to adjust the gain once set up you dont normally need to change it again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNLTWxlQcHo

leedude1

Thank you Neil very clear and informative. Got it :thank you:

So I have set the switch to the "g" toggle as I do not want to have different gyro settings being applied when i move through the flight modes.

My settings are:

0 = +40
1 = +30/+35 just to have a slightly dropped settings in case of little wind or I get a wag on in zero I can quickly try an alternate) and will ultimately be a value 10 less than what "0" setting ends up to be.
2 = -40 which in essence is rate mode used for set up which basically will bypass the gyro affecting the rudder.

You speak to flying in rate mode in your video...would you ever fly in rate mode ?

Thanks for the direction (no pun intended) :wink:

holtneil

HI mate yes to get tail 100% right if you fly rate just to set up , hover the heli see if the tail drifts if it does( they normally do when first set up) adjust servo rod length, Till you have no drift, so the heli will hover nicely NO wind No drift in rate mode , Now go into HH mode the tail will be so locked in at a lower rate so no tail wag which what your trying to get, a well behaved heli

Just for info lots of scale fliers fly rate mode this will give you a nice banked turn, due to the weather vain affect of the tail following the nose of the heli real helis dont have HH gyros

Last edited:

leedude1

Very cool Neil,

The lesson and information is almost more valuable than the settings. At least now, moving forward the concept and reasoning of whats going on with within those settings is clear.

Im probably going to rent a gymnasium just to get the set up done..hardly even a no wind situation here... and no where near enough room for error in the house

I will post up once im done and fill you in on the ultimate result.

thanks

Top Bottom