FBL Gyro 3GX Video Settings

USAF_Ret

I just recently acquired a Trex 250DFC and am working through the setup process and when I run the 3GX software, I am unable to see the far right side of the screen regardless of what screen resolution I am using. I have tried v3.1 and 4.0 with the same results. Anyone have a similar problem and resolution....

Thanks.

Tony

Staff member
I don't think I have ever seen this issue. Can you get us a screen shot of what it looks like?

Tony

Staff member
Interesting. I have never seen this before. Did you by chance download these here on this site? When you changed versions, did you delete the 3GX file folder from the previous instillation?

USAF_Ret

Interesting. I have never seen this before. Did you by chance download these here on this site? When you changed versions, did you delete the 3GX file folder from the previous instillation?

Yes, i downloaded both v3.1 and 4.0 from your site. I did not delete the previous version, but both versions displayed exactly the same.

Tony

Staff member
About the only thing that I can think of is, have you tried using another computer?

USAF_Ret

Tony,

I resolved the problem. I had the Text setting on my display set to medium. As soon as I changed it to small the 3GX software screen was properly displayed. Something to add to your knowledge bank. :)

I got the bird in the air and everything seems good, except I have a very slow tail wag. The Gyro setting is at +40. I reduced in increments of 5 down to 25. This reduced the wag slightly but severely reduced the yaw command where it was almost uncontrollable. I also increased the Gyro setting as well to 60 in increments of 5 and wag became more pronounced with faster oscillations. I also changed to stunt mode, running about 80% throttle with the same 40% gyro setting and the tail way was more severe.

With the exception of the tail way, the bird flies really smooth.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Paul

Tony

Staff member
Never even thought about the text size, nice find! :thumbsup:

As for the tail, take the linkage rod off of the helicopter and make sure everything is super smooth. You should feel no binding at all. Also You never did say what Tx you are running, that or I'm just not finding it (likely lol). But different Tx's have different gyro settings. Let me know what Tx you have.

USAF_Ret

I took the linkage off as you suggested and everything seem really smooth with no binding. As far as the Tx goes, I am using a Spektrum DX18.

Tony

Staff member
High roller! lol.

On the DX18, the gyro menu goes from -100 to +100. Set it to about +45. However, first, set your gyro menu on switch position 1 (middle) to -100. This will give you full rate mode. Do NOT try to fly with this. What you want is a slight pitch with the rudder centered. The trailing edge of the blades should be pushing right just slightly. Set position 2 on the gyro switch to -45 and bring it up into a hover. You should have no drift in the tail when at a steady hover. You will give the slight angle to the blades by adjusting the servo up or down the boom, or adjusting the length of the tail control rod. It's said that you don't need to do this, but I find it does help the gyro out a bit.

The other thing, if you are just using satellites, your channel on your gyro menu in your Tx should be channel 7, or aux2. If it's not, then set it that way.

And post up a screen shot of your rudder setup menu. I would like to see it to compare some things.

USAF_Ret

Ok, i will try that. Probably tomorrow as it is getting late and dark... I assume the screenshot you are asking from is from the 3GX software that I finally got working.

Tony

Staff member
Yes sir, it will be one of the parameter menu's. The far right red tab one. In fact, just shoot 3 screen shots, one of each of the red tab menu's.

USAF_Ret

Tony,

Here are the screenshots from the 3GX software. Trex250 Flight Mode Parameter 1.jpgTrex250 Flight Mode Parameter 2.jpgTrex250 Flight Rudder Parameters.jpg

I also saw on another forum related to adusting the P-gain or I-gain on the 3GX. I haven't made any adustments yet :)

Thanks again for your help on this....

Trex250 Flight Mode Parameter 1.jpg

Trex250 Flight Mode Parameter 2.jpg

Trex250 Flight Rudder Parameters.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I see the issue. It's on the top left hand corner of the screen. You are running 4.0. This version has a known HORRIBLE tail.

If you are good at getting off the ground quick, I mean REALLY QUICK, like half way up in the spool up and you pop it into the air quick, then put in 3.1. If you want to take a chance on 5, you can do that, but it's a mixture of 3 and 4, sometimes it sucks on the ground, sometimes, it has tail issues.

But if you want a known GOOD release, then uninstall this software, go into your C: drive, click on Program Files x86 and delete the 3GX folder, download the 2.1 from here on the site, and install it, and update your gyro. Trust me, it's a UPdate lmao. 2.1 is stable and is the only one that I have been able to get to work no matter the situation. It will sit on the ground and allow you to spool up, and it is solid in the air.

USAF_Ret

Tony, thanks for the reply. I am heading out for a 10 day business trip so, I will not be able to apply the fixes / recommendations for a couple of days. Once I get back and can apply your recommendation, I will let you know how it worked.

Thanks again.

USAF_Ret

Tony,

Made it back home and went through the entire setup with version 3.1. Unfortunately, I still have the slow tail wag :). I did not test it in Stunt mode yet. I lowered the gyro gain all the way down to 30% from the original 50% I had on the transmitter and it seemed to slow down a bit, but not entirely. I was doing some other reading and came across some conversation about lowering the 'P' setting. Not sure what that is...

Other than the tail wag, the heli seems really stable, so everything else seems to be working ok.

thoughts?

Tony

Staff member
On the 3GX, there is no PID settings. I'm not sure about the GPro. But if 3.1 didn't stop the wag (surprised you got it off the ground lol) then there has to be something wrong. Maybe there is some delay on the rudder? Maybe you have the wrong settings in the rudder setup menu? I'm just reaching here.

USAF_Ret

what is a 'good; value for the rudder delay. i have it set pretty low, thinking that less delay is better. Might be wrong there...

Tony

Staff member
As long as you are running a high end servo, like the DS520 or the like, then you want NO delay in there. But, if you are running a lot end servo, then maybe your delay is too low and you need to put in some more delay.

Top Bottom