450 3GX software help

stokke

Oh but you do need the software. Crucial fine tuning and adjusting for skill level can be done through the software.

stokke

It depends on how much of a geek you are, but you can make another partition on your hdd and install a second OS - WinXp for example. But you should know what you're doing if you're to attempt this - can potentially cause loss of all data.

murankar

Staff member
Ok first thing is this an installable program or is a portable executable?

Only reason I ask is some people have issue with installing software that's not their's.

Next I am not sure what's going on with your attempted install. It sounds like you have done everything possible, except one. My option is not that fun but it will ensure that the os cooperates. Do a reinstall of the os and start off fresh. It sounds like you registry may have errors in it. Either that you are missing smaller needed programs such as .net.

Just shy of that I am lost as to what to do.

Tony

Staff member
I agree with the dual boot. Put a fresh install on a separate partition to test things out without wiping out your whole computer and it's files.

If this is something that you would be willing to try, make a thread asking how to do a dual boot on your computer in the Lounge. There are quite a few people on here such as rdsok, callsign, murankar and myself, among others that can help you through the install and updates. It will take about 3 hours to complete everything and get it ready for the install of the 3GX software. I'm not sure if rdsok would have much time to help though, I"m sure he gets his fill of computers at work lol.

Just let us know and we will help out.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
beastx is an amazing option bro. Just costs you a pretty penny.. but apart from that.. its simple. setup is EASY.. makes your bird BNF .. literally.. change a tx.. all you have to do is bind it with the same general settings and the heli is good to go.. You will love it..

While I like the 3GX a lot too.. esp for the price you can find these things used.. but then if you get a beast.. man! you never have to worry about it again.. and no need for computer setup.. :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yep

You get a beastx you'll need a separate rx (which will define what TX you can use it with.. keep it in the 6channel range.. and it will work just fine! )
You get a 7200bx it won't (it has inbuilt rx.. and runs fine with anything from a 6 channel dsm2/dsmx tx to as high as you can go on that spektrum technology. SO your dx6i is covered :)

And yes both work perfectly fine with the dx6i

I was using it that way till last week :)

If I knew you wouild be looking.. lol i would have sold you mine. I just sold it to someone and gave them a bangin deal too :) lol

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Last edited:

sparrow06

Great not my lucky day. thans man.

Yep

You get a beastx you'll need a separate rx (which will define what TX you can use it with.. keep it in the 6channel range.. and it will work just fine! )
You get a 7200bx it won't (it has inbuilt rx.. and runs fine with anything from a 6 channel dsm2/dsmx tx to as high as you can go on that spektrum technology. SO your dx6i is covered :)

And yes both work perfectly fine with the dx6i

I was using it that way till last week :)

If I knew you wouild be looking.. lol i would have sold you mine. I just sold it to someone and gave them a bangin deal too :) lol

heli-maniac

if your going to get rid of the 3gx i want it hell ill trade you my 3g with rx for it or let me know what you want for it i may take it for the right price

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
But jst because of the software are you quitting the 3gx?

Just wanna know. If that's the case bro before you drop more money (about double the cost for new) see if you can really get these figured out.

Just my 2cents bro :)

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Dude your just having computer issues. Not 3GX problems. Did you ever consider maybe you have a virus in your computer not allowing you to use this software? You need to take your computer to the computer Dr. See what's going on! That's what I think anyway!

stokke

Dude your just having computer issues. Not 3GX problems. Did you ever consider maybe you have a virus in your computer not allowing you to use this software? You need to take your computer to the computer Dr. See what's going on! That's what I think anyway!

I agree with Sam. Granted the 3GX software is not very fancy, but it should install on most computers with most OS's.

Top Bottom