450 3GX software help

sparrow06

can't even run the software 2.1. here is the error message. i downloaded the software at the website, right now i'm running 1.2

3GX-X3.png

zenmetsu

One of your COMs is hosed. My first guess would be to manually install whatever .NET version that the program is trying to use, likely .NET 3.5

Maybe contact Align support.

- - - Updated - - -

Also a Google search is showing that Align told people to uninstall 3GX, attach dongle to computer and let windows install it, then install 3GX software.

Tony

Staff member
Uninstall your FTDI driver and reinstall it to renew the connection to the com port. Uninstall the 3Gx software when you uninstall the driver. First thing you want to do is just what was stated above, plug the dongle into the USB port that you are ALWAYS going to use. Then, if it installs successfully, you are good to go on the install of the software. If it doesn't install, then you need to go to www.ftdichip.com and learn how to uninstall the ftdi drivers and reinstall them. Hope this helps.

Tony

Staff member
Okay, if you are running Vista or Windows 7, click on the start menu and type in "Device Manager". Click on the link that will come up. In there, watch to see if something is added when you plug the dongle in. What you need to do is expand the one that is added and find out what com port it's running on. Then, go into the 3GX software and set the com port to the same port. If you are running the dongle on Com3 and the software is running on Com4, then it won't connect.

I will be of more help when I order my dongle for my 3GX and start working on the 600n. But I hope this helps. I'm sure someone that has it will chime in and let us know what opens up in the device manager when you plug the dongle in. At this time, I can't remember what it is.

sparrow06

Okay, if you are running Vista or Windows 7, click on the start menu and type in "Device Manager". Click on the link that will come up. In there, watch to see if something is added when you plug the dongle in. What you need to do is expand the one that is added and find out what com port it's running on. Then, go into the 3GX software and set the com port to the same port. If you are running the dongle on Com3 and the software is running on Com4, then it won't connect.

I will be of more help when I order my dongle for my 3GX and start working on the 600n. But I hope this helps. I'm sure someone that has it will chime in and let us know what opens up in the device manager when you plug the dongle in. At this time, I can't remember what it is.

I went to device manager and plug the dongle and yes it say's COM4. but how can i get in to the software because that is the problem i can't get in, what you see in the picture that far i can go.

- - - Updated - - -

here is the error detail message:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The URI is empty.
at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)
at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString)
at System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.WebBrowserEvent.DocumentComplete(Object pDisp, Object& urlObject)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CoCreateInstance(Guid& clsid, Object punkOuter, Int32 context, Guid& iid)
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateWithoutLicense(Guid clsid)
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateWithLicense(String license, Guid clsid)
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstanceCore(Guid clsid)
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstance()
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.GetOcxCreate()
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.TransitionUpTo(Int32 state)
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.EndInit()
at ALIGN_3GX.Form2.InitializeComponent()
at ALIGN_3GX.Form2..ctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at ALIGN_3GX.My.MyProject.MyForms.Create__Instance__[T](T Instance)
at ALIGN_3GX.My.MyProject.MyForms.get_Form2()
at ALIGN_3GX.Form0.Form0_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5466 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
3GX V2.1
Assembly Version: 3.6.18.0
Win32 Version: 3.06.21.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/ALIGN/3GX/3GX%20V2.1.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5466 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5460 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5462 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Infragistics2.Win.v10.1
Assembly Version: 10.1.20101.1007
Win32 Version: 10.1.20101.1007
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/ALIGN/3GX/Infragistics2.Win.v10.1.DLL
Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinTabControl.v10.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/ALIGN/3GX/Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinTabControl.v10.1.DLL
Infragistics2.Shared.v10.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/ALIGN/3GX/Infragistics2.Shared.v10.1.DLL
Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinEditors.v10.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/ALIGN/3GX/Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinEditors.v10.1.DLL
AxInterop.WMPLib
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/ALIGN/3GX/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

stokke

OK, I'm no computer geek but here's what I'd do:

Uninstall everything associated with 3GX from the Control panel uninstall segment.
Then plug in the dongle.
Wait for Windows to look at win update for the drivers.
When Win says all drivers are installed.
I'd rip out the dongle.
Install the latest 3GX software using compability mode (win xp).
When installed, right click and choose comp mode for win xp.
Plug in the dongle.
Power up the bird.
Start the program.

If this don't work, I'd create a new account on my computer and do the whole thing over.
And if that don't work, I'd throw the computer out the window.

Tony

Staff member
I have never heard of having to adjust the JIT settings to get this to run. This is interesting to say the least. The two options above are great options. If you have an older version of windows on another computer, such as XP, try installing it on that computer and see what happens. I know for a fact that it can run on W7 since I had it on there as well as vista. This is puzzling to say the least.

Tony

Staff member
Okay, try this as well.

What happens when you click continue? Does it just toss the error again? If so, read below.

If it's still locked up, go back to the website and re download the software. This time, download it and Save File As and name it something that you know on your desktop and not in the download folder. It's easy to delete later. Try this and let us know.

sparrow06

Okay, try this as well.

What happens when you click continue? Does it just toss the error again? If so, read below.

If it's still locked up, go back to the website and re download the software. This time, download it and Save File As and name it something that you know on your desktop and not in the download folder. It's easy to delete later. Try this and let us know.

i did everything you said and here what i get:

3GX-X3.jpg

3GX-X3.jpg

flysolo

Depending on your system..

After you download the rar-file and save it to disk, right click and select properties. On the general tab at the bottom look for security.
View attachment 3604

If it looks like in the image you need to click on Unblock before you extract the files. After extracting right-click and select Run as administrator.

You should be good to go :)

sparrow06

So what happens when you hit continue?

same with picture.

- - - Updated - - -

Depending on your system..

After you download the rar-file and save it to disk, right click and select properties. On the general tab at the bottom look for security.
View attachment 3604

If it looks like in the image you need to click on Unblock before you extract the files. After extracting right-click and select Run as administrator.

You should be good to go :)

your picture not working.

flysolo

your picture not working.

No? Ok, but if you right click the rar-file and select properties you should be on the general tab. At the bottom it may say "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer" To the right is a button that say Unblock that you need to click before extracting the rar.

Hope it helps, I had the exact same problem on my windows 8 machine.

sparrow06

No? Ok, but if you right click the rar-file and select properties you should be on the general tab. At the bottom it may say "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer" To the right is a button that say Unblock that you need to click before extracting the rar.

Hope it helps, I had the exact same problem on my windows 8 machine.

i did everything you said, but still same thing. god be with me.

flysolo

i did everything you said, but still same thing. god be with me.

Sorry to hear that, unblocking the .rar before install and running as admin solved it for me. I'm of no help then..

Good thing is you don't need the software to set up the 3GX :)

Top Bottom