General 3gx and binding issues

murankar

Staff member
Typically a hobby shop would have stuck a blade heli in your hands and said get some practice. Nothing wrong with starting on a 600 as long as you can afford to fix it.

Amain hobbies is down near LA or you can try Lower Heli in Oregon. They are both great shops.

Smoggie

'back in the day' before electric helis most people started on something close to what we call a 600 size helis. The big difference though was most people back then learned in a club environment with plenty of guys around to help them build and set the heli up and coach them when it came to flying.
Having someone to help is IMHO the biggest single factor to success in this hobby and that goes double if you are starting with an advanced heli like a 600 nitro power. It's incredibly hard to make a success of if you go solo. Even getting a heli set-up and operating correctly is a massive challenge if you dont have hands on help, let alone flying the thing.

Looking up your local club would be a great idea. Your local hobby shops should know where the clubs are.

murankar

Staff member
Thunder tiger Raptor .30 was the go to heli to learn on. It seems like every pro started out on that kit. From what I have heard about it was that it was very reliable and somewhat forgiving.

Smoggie

Uri, Yes the raptor 30 does seem to have been the default heli trainer. That was before my interest in helis though, I was still fixed wing only back then. The Raptor 30 was in today's size classification a 550 (it used 550mm blades).

Top Bottom