Quad 250 Quadcopter Complete Build Guide CC3D QAV Blackout Clone

Tony

Staff member
Last edited:

Walt

Thanks for the vid it is vary helpful. one question how do you attach the legs to the arms? I never could figure out how to attach them they just dont seem to fit.

Tony

Staff member
On mine, you are supposed to slide them on the narrow part right by the motors, then slide them up the legs. They should get tight to the legs right about where the holes are for the stand-off's (not included). My legs fit pretty snug and I'm quite honestly surprised I was able to get them on without removing the ESC's.

Walt

quad stand 001.jpg just getting it back together replaced the ESCs with EMAX 12a BLHELI got rid of my chunky ESCs . The legs will not slide on the arms just wont fit

quad stand 001.jpg

Tony

Staff member
The legs will go right about where your zip ties are. You have to put one side on, and stretch the other side around. Are they too loose or something?

Walt

Did not know they would stretch. I was trying to slide them on from the ends of the arms. Thanks I got them on.

- - - Updated - - -

I like legs!

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, you can't stretch them very much, but if this is a china quad, then those are about half fiberglass, and not true carbon fiber, which is expensive. Okay.... We need pics!!!

Yea I have same frame and legs and they were a bit frazzling to get on.
I had to grind an area on the leg slot so they would go on.
I ended up ditching the legs afterwards.

Tony

Staff member
So far I have had 6 flights and a few crashes and these legs atr doing great. Guess I got lucky.

Tony

Staff member
I just need to finalize the settings on the video and publish it. I will do that here soon.

dogtoy

Hey I ordered a qav 250 kit from ebay ,..This vid was great Im a bit worried about doing the wiring ,..I wanted to see if I can sandwich the power board in the bottom plates ,.I was thinking to use some 3m tape to isolate it from the carbon frame plates ,but that may be too thick , Im not sure how that is usually done ,..Im also not clear on batteries ,.I hear some guys sagging out a 35c 3s ,..so not sure what c rating & mah I should be looking at..

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 14213 just getting it back together replaced the ESCs with EMAX 12a BLHELI got rid of my chunky ESCs . The legs will not slide on the arms just wont fit

Is that a kk flight controller? how much tuning did it require ?

Lee

I'm using Zippy Compact 35C 1500mah batteries. Super powerful.
KK2.1 is very easy to tune.

muzamilabbasi

Hi Tony, I ordered one from ebay, I finally got everything fitted, but when I tried to hover first time, it never hovered, my friend who built did some cg changes and he tried to hover it as well, but it felt like the cc3d was still balancing or stabilizing itself, he told me that its the cc3d issue, might be some calibration... can you suggest me something, it takes off in the air but goes wild crazy it doesn't hovers normally... I have a video which might help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJPe1xoQPZo

Tony

Staff member
First thing I noticed was the ESC's didn't initialize at the same time. Make sure to go into the program and set the endpoints on both the Tx and the ESC's with that little slider for each of the motors so it just turns the motor on and it sounds like each of them are spinning at the same rate.

Tony

Staff member
What I heard in the video was 2 or 3 initialize and then the last 1 or 2 initialized afterwards. Also, when you plug the battery in, let the quad sit still, completely still until it finishes initializing. And lastly, make sure when you hit that self level button in the program, that the quad was in fact perfectly level.

muzamilabbasi

Tony, I can say it doesn't hovers well, Like the gyros confused and wobbled like its on meth

- - - Updated - - -

I have no clue about the program where is self leveling settings though..

Top Bottom