Quad 250 Quadcopter Complete Build Guide CC3D QAV Blackout Clone

Stambo

Easiest way to figure this is hold the prop nut and turn the motor in the direction required to tighten it.
That is your correct motor rotation.
In other words the motor with the normal thread should turn counter clockwise.
The motor with the reverse thread turns clockwise.
I hope this makes sense. :)

RobT

What your both saying makes perfect sense, i just didn't get it because what i'm seeing doesn't match the video, in fact it's opposite- the video says the red goes front right and left rear, and that's the way i put it. I don't remember if the video said or if i remember from somewhere else- the front right and rear left are CCW, the others are CW. So putting those two together and applying it to my own hardware, when i put the propellers on, spinning the left front propeller loosens the nut. So i just need to reverse direction on each motor? Hopefully it won't cause a problem with the cc3d, or maybe that's all addressed during the setup.

I was expecting after pushing the propeller down all the way on the shaft, it would lock into the shaft so that it was forced to turn when the motor turns, but the nut is the only thing holding it down, if it's even a little loose it'll spin freely.

Thanks for explaining that.

- - - Updated - - -

The propellers that came with the kit include small cylinder shaped pieces, they don't fit over the shaft on the motor but do fit inside the hole on the propeller. The extra propellers i ordered don't have that part. I don't see them mentioned so far in any of the tuts or videos i've seen.

- - - Updated - - -

I should clarify that, i have the motors mounted like in the video - red on front right and left rear, black on the others. Like this, if i put a prop on the left front motor and tighten the black nut down, the prop is on firmly, If i hold the motor enclosure and spin the prop clockwise, which is the direction that motor should spin if i'm reading right, it loosens the nut.

RobT

If i do what stambo suggested, the motors with the black nuts should be CCW, red is CW, that's the opposite of what i had them marked as, but is the same as what the box had, so i must be thinking upside down and reverse. So, i have red on front/right and rear/left and black on the others, and red is CW, maybe i need to reverse them, i can't think right anymore, time for a break

RobT

I did that wrong, it's what happens with lack of sleep, the motors are where they should be. I'm still reading about propellers. I now know everything there is to know about propellers, except how to put these particular ones on.

On the cx-20, the props push on and lock into place- when you turn the motor, the prop turns with it because it's mechanically locked to the shaft. The nut just keeps the prop tight.

But on this, the prop pushes onto the shaft and will spin freely- the nut is the only thing keeping it from turning, it just didn't seem right, or maybe there is hardware missing.. I have those cylindrical shaped pieces- just a little smaller dia. than the motor shaft, about 1/8th inch long, they came with the kit propellers, but not with replacement props i bought.

RobT

I just reread some of that, i never saw someone turn something so simple into a complicated manifest operation.

Tony

Staff member
I think I'm a little lost here. What was it you re-read? Something that I did that I could possibly break down more? just curious.

RobT

No, i wrote a few questions, just confused about some very basic things, noone responded, and i re read what i wrote after i figured out the answer, just reading how i wrote it made me all confused again, but i'm ok now.

Top Bottom