05/19/13 Oklahoma Tornadoes

RandyDSok

Comparing ( just a quick compare seeing as it's bedtime ) the two... It appears that PYKL3 has a lot more features overall... but for just radar products, Radarscope is easier to use and get at the one ( radar site and product ) you want quickly. I can't compare the quality of the radar images yet... I wasn't watching the velocities at the time that you took screenshots earlier because I was trying to get in contact with the ex so I'd quit looking at that time already.

For personal use... I'd certainly recommend Radarscope over PYKL3 at this time... I suspect that an actual storm chaser may have other reasons to want PYKL3.

Tony

Staff member
I posted some very close in high res velocity images in the first post, and then again when the second tornado touched down. Again, I was zoomed in as far as I could go.

This one has quite a few features, and for an amature like myself, it works just fine. I like being able to not only see my location, but the storm tracks (shows 1 hour of movement) as well as the velocities and really good radar images. Somewhere in there it has a rainfall total (I think, may be getting it confused with another app that I have. But, knowing that it updates pretty often (compared to some that only update every 15-30 minutes) and it will follow my GPS location, it's nice when you are out driving. It's pretty much the only one I use now that I have an android. My next phone won't be though.

Karubah

Watching the 6am news here in Aus. Those tornadoes ripping through OAklahoma look fairly savage. I hope that they have missed everyone and that your all safe. Will be thinking of you. All the best,Andy

RMB677

Just turned on the 5 pm news here in GA and was stunned by the tornado reports. I pray that all of you, and your's, in the mid-west have come through ok.

callsign4223

Staff member
It's bad, it just went right through a major suburb of OKC. Directly hit an elementary school. Missed my in-laws house where my kid were by 2 miles.

callsign4223

Staff member
No, he works south of his house, but he was off this week. His wife just got a job in okc, but she should have been well north of it as long as she stayed at work.

Hope all you guys are ok, and our thoughts and prayers go out to those who have been affected by the tornados.
From what I read and saw this morning here in Aus, certainly not looking good

wolfman76

we are expecting very severe storms later tonight here in hammond indiana close to chicago possible tornadoes here also we usually don't see tornadoes here but the way the weather has been lately just don't know what to expect anymore

callsign4223

Staff member
Yeah, everything's okay. Going to get the kids from the in-laws, where they stay during the day. Their water is out and they may be taking in friends who lost their house.

wolfman76

oh wow been looking on google earth seeing where tony lived and now you and saw how close to it you are just wanted to make sure buddy...

Top Bottom