05/19/13 Oklahoma Tornadoes

wolfman76

oh man alright guys lets say some prayers for everyone in those areas and especially for our founding father and his family until we hear back from him ....

Tony

Staff member
I'm fine and the wife is trying to make it back down here. Hard to get internet or cell coverage around here right now. I was lucky to get on here and update this.

wolfman76

Glad to hear from you buddy great news! Just wish there was better news for all the other people affected injured and dead

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
The tornado hit an elementry directly. They are expecting dozens of kids dead in that school. This is worse than the May 3 1999 tornado that went though the exact same path. Just a bad deal all the way around.

RandyDSok

Just checking in here also... I was a good 6+ miles south of the area affected tonight. I was at my EX's, we were waiting for the insurance adjuster to show up so we could start the cleanup ... The tornado that went through Moore ( again ) probably kept the adjuster from making it... so that work will start later.

View attachment 6448

View attachment 6449

PS... those from yesterday's damage, not what happened in Moore today which is much worse for those affected. Of course there is more damage than I've shown in these two shots... these were more focused on the number of trees down etc instead of the house, water well house and shed etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Just thought about a bit of info on how damaging these types of storms can be for an area... at least when they are this massive.

I live in Norman Ok which is about 10 miles south of the main devastation in Moore ( Tony lives south and east of my location )... We had no cell service, cable tv, internet nor any land line phone service, I finally got mine all back about 9:30pm. All of that and we were not even hit directly... The damage from the tornado that went through this same area in Moore back on May 3, 1999 ... I believe they said it took 3 days just to get all of the streets opened back up and something like 2 years before the damaged areas were rebuilt. The distance this latest tornado tracked is similar to the previous one in 1999 but the area has really grown up... so I suspect the damaged buildings are going to be far worse overall.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Wow, that could have been a lot worse Randy.

It took the wife over 4 hours to go from OKC to Noble on her way home from work. Just a complete nightmare in Moore Oklahoma right now.

At the time of this post, there are 51 confirmed dead with 20 of those being children. However, there are scanner reports from the M.E. on the scanner that there could be 40 more on the way. Such a horrible day, hell, such a horrible weekend.

We're being told 91 dead here in Aus.
It is a terrible tragedy
It's great to see that the guys on here are all ok, but I know my thoughts and prayers go out to those who have lost life, and to you guys who have damage done to property etc, and the effort needed to get it all sorted.
Terrible shame and tragedy

Tony

Staff member
I did forget to add that my uncle lost his house in the tornado on the 20th. Got lucky in 99, but not yesterday.

RandyDSok

We're being told 91 dead here in Aus.
It is a terrible tragedy
It's great to see that the guys on here are all ok, but I know my thoughts and prayers go out to those who have lost life, and to you guys who have damage done to property etc, and the effort needed to get it all sorted.
Terrible shame and tragedy

Ok... this is probably semantics but...

The Medical Examiner's office officially has 51 currently confirmed dead... They do have a report that another 40 are on their way in but it hasn't been a confirmed number yet. So reports of 91 isn't official yet and hopefully will be lower but we won't know for a while.

Ah ok... well either way not good.
Sorry to hear about your Uncle Tony.
What is insurance like for you guys?
I know when we had the floods here in Aus anyone living in flood areas are finding it very hard to get insurance and the companies are charging a fortune to get insurance, part of me thinks the government has said there has to be compulsory insurance for those people as well.
If we can help in any way, let us know

Tony

Staff member
Insurance here is good. And because of the nature of tornadoes being hit and miss, it's not that expensive and is covered.

RandyDSok

Yeah... the insurance part isn't so hard... Getting a 4'x8' sheet of plywood will be another story...

Top Bottom