05/19/13 Oklahoma Tornadoes

Tony

Staff member
Posting this to let you guys know that we are weathering the storm, but also to post some great pictures from the radar! These are just awesome!

980675_10201357419320901_1435158271_o.jpg

And here is the wind velocity

966710_10201357420440929_265181668_o.jpg

980675_10201357419320901_1435158271_o.jpg

966710_10201357420440929_265181668_o.jpg

llommel

That's the stuff that's headed our way tonite. I used the "calm b4 the storm" to fly the RCH Edge 540. The rain chased me back inside.

Tony

Staff member
We just had another super cell form west of us that we are watching close. I think it's going to pass north of me though.

Tony

Staff member
Then he has not done it long enough lmao. We see it all here in Oklahoma. What channel are you watching?

callsign4223

Staff member
Channel 5, ABC. I was watching the NBA game before the weather started.

He said they got an update to their software over the winter and it's showing the DEBRIS CLOUD. It's the first time anyone in their office had seen the icon show up on their radar.

Tony

Staff member
Turn it to channel 9. They have had the debris cloud on radar for the last few years. Gary England is the best of the best when it comes to weather. 4 and 5 are just way too young.

Tony

Staff member
If you look at my radar shot, you can see the debris ball in my radar shot. I took that with my Note II. Channel 5 just doesn't know what they are talking about or they are trying to over play what doesn't need over playing.

Karubah

you guys get all the fun stuff over there. We very rarely see a tornado Down under. I hope they miss everyone and no injuries.

What Karubah said!!
I'd love to witness one, but only if I could be 100% safe. They are awesome spectacles of nature, but devastating.
They had a photo down here of the one that went through Texas, litterally went through the middle of the house. Left and right of the house looked fairly untouched, but the middle was gone!! Just can't believe the way these things work!

Tony

Staff member
Can never be 100% safe. The storm chasers were watching a tornado today, and after it moved, about 10 minutes later, debris was falling out of the sky and beating the crap out of them. Limbs, pieces of houses, falling out of the sky. Had a semi blown off a very tall bridge. Not sure on the drivers condition.

RandyDSok

I just got back from my ex's and her husbands place... It got hit hard. Just a prelim... Half of the railing on their front porch was torn down, the attached carport completely missing. The well house and pump is missing as is another shed they stored stuff in. We aren't sure of the damage to the actual house, besides that... too much trash everywhere to get a good look. They also lost a few chickens and duck ( that we know of ). The trees are all over the place so it really makes it hard to get a good feel for all the other damage that may be there.

I'm probably going to get Radarscope as well... can't have too many radar apps... lol

Tony

Staff member
For $10, it's a great app. I have purchased it on my iphone and my android. I have to say I like the iphone app better, which is usually the case with ALL apps.

Glad no one you knew was hurt. We have round 3 coming tomorrow.

Top Bottom