1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

General Yep Esc Programming Card Reverse Direction

Discussion in 'Helicopters' started by Xuan, Jan 14, 2019.

Tags:
< Tarot 450pro Heli Clone | 450x/ar7200bx Pops Up And Down >
  1. Xuan

Xuan New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hi,

I have a YEP esc and I would like to program it with programming card such that when Aileron channel is pushed to the right -> motor rotates in one direction
    pushed to the left -> motor rotates in reversed direction
    stay in the middle -> stop

There is a Rev.(Nevy) on the programming card, but just cannot program it. The middle and right work fine with stop and full speed, but when I push the stick to the left and hit enter at Rev. (Nevy), it just doesn't allow me to make that change. This esc has no manual and I have been searching over the internet for tutorials, no luck yet. Does anyone have a luck to get it to work properly?

Thank you!!!

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    If you are trying to reverse the direction of a brushless motor, just swap any two wires.

I'm not sure where the aileron comes into play with a YEP Program Card though. Everything is done on the card.

3. Xuan

Xuan New Member

Blog Posts:
    Sorry, I didn't see this video, there is another version of this one that I watched.
    In my case, I will need the motor to rotate in both directions on air since I am using it to remotely reel/unreel my fishing wire on a quadcopter. You cannot swap the wires when it is flying... I just pick a random channel (aileron) since I only need one motor to do so. I suppose there should be a way to rotate the motor in both directions by command (or maybe a remote toggle switch)...?

4. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Hm, I have not seen a YEP ESC that can do forward and reverse before. I think you are going to need a car ESC in order to have both directions.

5. murankar

murankar Moderator Staff Member Armed Forces

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    Of no am thinking it correctly the esc would be plugged into the aileron channel of your rx. Then you could program the esc to work with the aileron stick.

Now as tony stated you have to flip the wires to reverse the motor or program the esc with the card for reverse direction. With helicopters you don't switch motor directions while flying ever. This would be catastrophic. Lets just say rekit.

As tony stated you would need an esc that allows for bidirectional operation. The car based esc sounds like it could work, in theory of course.

Next thing is goin got be motors and gearing. But that for another discussion. Some motors have the torque while others have the rpms.

What kind of fish are we talking here, blue gill or steel head, small mouth or croppy. Each pose issues. Forget steel head not going to happen. They will destroy your quad, I think a decent sized large mouth will also take your quad. As for blue gill, go for it those are weak fighting fish and are typically not heavy at all.

< Tarot 450pro Heli Clone | 450x/ar7200bx Pops Up And Down >