450 Xfx 450 Dfc

skynet

As i was thinking it was something on the remote the tail was off , still it cant fly it wold fall over not get even a half inch of the floor , and the swashplate servos mover really slow

Tony

Staff member
I have quite a few of them, but none of them on your gyro. But when you tilt your helicopter forward, the swash should tilt back, when you tilt it right, the swash should tilt left. It should always be trying to stop the helicopter from pitching, not adding to it.

skynet

It sets back slow, but it still cant fly so dont know, the tail settings to keep the helicopter faceing forward is still not wright

Tony

Staff member
Returning to center slowly is completely normal. You gave the cyclic an input, and it is trying to hold there until the helicopter reaches that point in space. But the helicopter is not moving, and since the cyclic does not have a heading hold gyro but rather a RATE mode gyro, it will return to center, but it is slowed down just in case you take off or there was something keeping the helicopter from moving. Again, this is completely normal.

As for the tail, it has to be the tail gyro is reversed. Not the tx input, but the gyro correction direction.

skynet

On the remote the tail was off that was the problom so i have it on ( on ) now but it still not enoff to hold it strait still

Tony

Staff member
You need to inhibit that menu, it is not used with heading hold gyros. You need to enable the gyro menu, set abotu +45 on the gain and set your channel to Gear. I htink I remember you already doing this though which means, if it is still spinning, it is in the setup in your gyro which you will need to correct.

Smoggie

Yeah, it looks like your tail gyro response is reversed, you need to reverse the tail servo in the gyro setup (menu 'G'). After doing that you will also need to reverse the rudder in the Tx setup.

skynet

looks like it work wright now but still spins, not enoff air off the tail to hold it , and helicopter cant fly dont know if something wrong with it or its just no good about half throttle shakes crazzy

Smoggie

The thing with any flybarless controller setup is that you must be able to work through the settup process methodically step by step. You cant rush and you cant miss any steps. If you do that and you make sure each step is done right the heli will work.

Spinning can only mean one of two things, either reversed gyro response or the gain is turned down much too low. If you can take a close up video of the tail as you rotate the heli by hand I'll be able to tell you what the problem is. Seeing it spin in the video doesnt help because the video isn't close up enough to see whet the tail mechanism is doing.

As for vibrations, make sure the blade grips are properly adjusted. the blades should be just tight enough that they will stay horizontal when the heli is held on it's side but they will fall under their own weight if you give the heli a slight jerk. It's also very important that the grips have exactly equal tension.

Tony

Staff member
Again with the video and no posted question or talking within said video.... You have to help us help you. But, looking at the video, as I have already stated MULTIPLE TIMES! That swash movement is COMPLETELY NORMAL!

ChopDrifter

reminds me of the first time I purchased an FBL gyro. It was kinda daunting, I wasn't sure if I was doing the right thing and also wasn't sure what was normal behavior for the swash servos.

Top Bottom