450 X3 trouble shooting time

murankar

Staff member
Got my first 4; 1/2 packs flown. So really all I got was 2 packs. At about the 50% capacity range I started loosing power to the motor. Since this is a castle i think I may have to set the esc to insensitive. This is a normal thing for castle ESCs on helis. Once I get the videos transferred to permanent storage and preview what I have for video I will edit it and upload. I also have a couple other things to look at like voltage sensing for the pack size (i think its set to auto) but I'll find out. Another thing that could be an issue is that I dont have active free wheeling on this esc. What happens is at 50% throttle the esc can begin to heat up and cause issues while flying. Some escs have this feature which allow the pilot to set a governor at or below 50% throttle.

murankar

Staff member
LVC was at 3.8 per cell. here are my settings:

break.PNGcutoffs.PNGmotor.PNGother.PNGthrottle.PNG

these were based on what I have read out setting up the external Neo governor. I did change the PWM which seemed to have gotten changed from 8khz to 12khz, but I just changed it back. Under cutoffs I had the 12v listed as custom and had that set to 3.8. Now I have it set for auto cutoff for 4s packs. I do have it set to insensitive.

break.PNG

cutoffs.PNG

motor.PNG

other.PNG

throttle.PNG

Tony

Staff member
3.8? Wow, that is high. I woudl take that to about 3.4 and use your timer. LVC is not made to be used to stop you from flying, it's there so if you forget to activate your timer, it will keep you from damaging the battery by draining it too much. I would set the timer to 4 minutes, fly for 4 minutes like you normally would then recharge the battery. You are aiming for 80% recharge. So if you have a 1000mah battery, you should never put more than 800mah back into it. This will prolong your batteries.

murankar

Staff member
I have a cell checker so that will tell me all i need after 4 minutes. My cell checker has been fairly accurate when compared to the charger.

murankar

Staff member
Gaba has been wanting that cell checker for 4 years now. I think he gave up on the hobby at this point. I have not see much from him anywhere. ANyways:

SO after looking to a few things I missed a could things, 1) the linkage on the right swash servo was binding on the servo arm, fixed, 2) the boom support in the cover had slid forward on the boom, I had to reposition the cushion closer to the rear tail box. I CA-ed the cushion with 2 dots of ca so it wont slid again. Plus I should be able to remove it if I have to.

Powered up the heli with the ESC disconnected from the NEO and check more setting in the radio. My settings were set to extreme 3d; agility was maxed, rates were fairly high and style was high. I toned all that down and will check tomorrow if the weather is nice again.

Tony

Staff member
He hasn't given up. In fact, his old sponsor went back into business and he is sponsored again. He is just not on here. Hasn't been since Aug of last year. Sad really.

That thing should fly like a caddy the next time you put it in the air after taking it off extreme lmao.

murankar

Staff member
It was snappy as hell. If this dang gum thumb drive would ever cooperate I could get the videos done. That run cam 2 is sweet. Just dont like the fish eye look. Nice thing all I had had to do was power up the radio and make the changes thats it. No PC, no cell phone; just the radio. Makes the tweaks so much easier

Wait wait wait, So min air sponsored him again?

murankar

Staff member
Torque tube. The boom pinning screw was to long. I did not know I had the wrong screw in there. measured it, dremmel, measure dremmel, measure dremmel, rinse and repeat.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Sorry about the crash. She looked solid til the TT broke. I hope you have better luck next time.

murankar

Staff member
crash, ha what that you speak of? That was an auto, yes yes and Auto!!!! :lmao:Yes the Neo is flying solid so far. Really stable. Still have to tune the Agility, Expo and style parameters.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Yea, that is a textbook way to land a helicopter when you lose a tail. gain a little altitude, hit TH and bring her down. The tail almost stopped spinning by the time you hit the ground. Fantastic job on that one.

murankar

Staff member
Been practising those bad boys. Well the auto portion anyways. I tried to do some Piro training but I could not seem to ge the stick corrections correct to keep it in one place.

Smoggie

+1 on the good save, it takes a cool head to hit TH so quickly in those circumstances.

I had something similar with by Trex 600 pro a while back which I managed to save in a similar way (stripped TT gears) but i had a lot more height than you so more thinking time.

Top Bottom