Who's Into Saltwater?

Tony

Staff member
I tried to take some pictures, but the lights were already going down so they were all blued out and looked like crap. But I will get some pictures of them soon.

The tank looks as it did, the corals that I got were frags and pretty small. I will see if I can get a video uploaded real quick.

Tony

Staff member
I have a video uploading that I took trying to catch the tang bullying the Foxface. In the video though, the Xenia is not open for some reason.

Tony

Staff member
Here you go guys. A quick video on the new items. Make sure you turn on annotations as I have put some on there explaining things. Might want to pause and/or rewind to read and see what is going on.

New Fish & Corals - YouTube

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
The algae is looking like its everywhere. that hammerhead will look great once it grows a bit more. Should add a nice color to the tank.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I left that there for the Blenny. Give him something to eat, and he has been eating it.

Tony

Staff member
I went to Custom Reef Creations. Wet Pets can go screw themselves. I will never spend another dollar in there.

Tony

Staff member
The fish tanks were bare. Very few fish in that place. However, the coral tanks were pretty well stocked. Main reason I came home with Xenia and the Hammer. I will be getting more corals from them, that's for sure.

Tony

Staff member
Their fish prices are a bit higher. But the coral frags are pretty cheap. Again, I will be getting more frags from them. They had some staghorn in there that they wouldn't sell that I really wanted. And a birdsnest coral that was just beautiful.

Tony

Staff member
Just a quick update. The Blenny and the Foxface that I purchased are doing good, although I'm worried about the blenny. He is not eating the algae that I wanted him to and has depleted the algae that he likes. So he may not make it. Only time will tell. The foxface is starting to get along with the tang after quite a few fights between the two. They are both yellow, but the tang has razors and the foxface has poisonous spines, so it's a stand off most of the time.

The coral that I purchased is also doing well. The Xenia loves where it is now and is just pulsing it's butt off. I also found one polyp of xenia on teh left side of the tank and I have no idea where it came from. But whatever, it's more coral.

The Hammer Coral that I purchased is also fully opening and loving it in the sand bed. The lights are just too bright for it any higher.

So all in all, everything is doing well, even the hair algae unfortunately.

Tony

Staff member
Moving my RO/DI system from the laundry room to under the sink... $165 later, it's still not done!!! Just shoot me now... UGH... And I still have to crawl under the house to run new lines to my fridge as well as a new line into my bathroom for the water for the tank... This sucks...

Top Bottom