Micro Which Heli?

Tony

Staff member
I will start out with, if you have a question, ask it. I don't care if it has been asked on the forum before. I created this forum because I was being bashed on the larger forums just by asking questions. I was tired of it, so I did my own thing and I'm having a blast at it. So no worries, just ask the questions. If we know where the answer is, we may just link you to the answer if it's a long answer. short answers, we will just type it out.

For FPV, it's best to ask your question in either the FPV or the Quad section. FPV is probably better. We have a couple guys on here that know their stuff. I will say this though, if you want to get in really deep and go out long ranges with FPV, then you will want an FM Tx and not the 2.4Ghz like the DX7s/DX8. However, if you jsut want to fly around in your FOV (Field Of View) or LOS (Line Of Sight), then you can do so with some goggles that come with the camera and Transmitter/Receiver. Just plug it in and you are ready to go. Long range flying will require a LOT more knowledge that I do not have.

I'm sure you will be fine with the 7s, but I will let Craig (Tasajara I think is how you spell it) answer all of your questions when you make the thread in the other sections.

GregC

Fantastic! I never thought that my wife would be an encouager for RC. She is in marketing, so i think she may see some potential for clients in our business. Hey, if it works and I get toys, who's complaining!
She now wants to start learning to fly the SYMA coaxial. I never thought I would see the day. This is one of those epiphany moments!
I will post on the FPV section to get started with that soon. I can only hope that I can someday be a knowledgeable resource for someone else on your forum, like you guys are for me!

Oh, I do have an older JR FM transmitter and receiver, 6 channel, I think. $600 about 8 yrs ago when I was fixed wing. but like new. Hey, I'm on the way.

GregC

Well, I picked up my new DXi7s and a 130x today. Wish me luck! The Tx manual is scarry. I'll just have to take it one step at a time.

Tony

Staff member
That's all you can do. If you get stuck anywhere, you know where to find us. We can walk you through just about any part of the setup. Also, my DX8 videos will mostly work with the DX7s. There are only a few differences in the menu's.

xokia

Let's us know how you do the 130x is a great helicopter. It will seem intimidating at first. It's extremely nimble and responsive.

GregC

OOKK! I have the DX7s set up just like the 130x manual shows it. The heli is bound. I tried to hover it indoors (very cautiously). As I spooled it up it wants to tip over on the right side. When I compensate with left aieleron it wants to tip backwards. Is this simply a trim problem, or will the 130x not hover in ground effect? Here again, i am being cautious. I did not attempt to take right off. (again indoors).

heli-maniac

they will not compensate wile on the ground
i bring the head speed up right before it lifts then pop it up

Last edited:

xokia

Best way I can explain the cyclic stick (the stick on the right) Think of holding a board in both hands and now draw a circle in the middle of the board. Now put a marble in the middle of the circle. Now if you want the marble to go right you tilt it just a little. To get the marble to stop you tilt it in the opposite direction just a little. Your constantly making small correction to keep the marble in the center of the board.

GregC

I already fly a FP so I completely understand cyclic. The heli doesn't even get close to mid throttle head speed before it tips over to the right. Many utube videos show the 130x stably lifting straight off without having to pop up off the ground. There is spool up vibration, but it smoothes as the head comes up. I will get a carbon fiber rod for the tail fin as suggested for that fix later.

Fantastic! I never thought that my wife would be an encouager for RC. She is in marketing, so i think she may see some potential for clients in our business. Hey, if it works and I get toys, who's complaining!
She now wants to start learning to fly the SYMA coaxial. I never thought I would see the day. This is one of those epiphany moments!
I will post on the FPV section to get started with that soon. I can only hope that I can someday be a knowledgeable resource for someone else on your forum, like you guys are for me!

Oh, I do have an older JR FM transmitter and receiver, 6 channel, I think. $600 about 8 yrs ago when I was fixed wing. but like new. Hey, I'm on the way.
She wants to fly a syma coax COOL, look into a syma 800g

Top Bottom