450 what type of grease and oil can i use

johnrc

Banned
Well just want to know if i can use 3in1 oil on the motor and bearings of a 450 heli this is a light oil, And i know tony used grease from a car to grease the bearing in the head???

EyeStation

I believe the grease was for the thrust bearings. I think Light oil like 3 in 1 will work fine for general bearings.

pvolcko

Personally I would not use 3-in-1. I'd use a bearing oil specifically made for high rpm, high load bearings. 3-in-1 is more of a general purpose lubricant for relatively low load, low temperature applications. You may be able to get away with it on main shaft and tail bearings, but I would definitely not use it on motor bearings or any motor shaft support bearings.

murankar

Staff member
Scorpion motor oil is a great oil for the motor. I use tri-flow oil all around. For the thrust bearings in the head I have been using a synthetic silicone grease.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hello everyone. I use white lithium grease for all my bearings. Will that hurt anything?

murankar

Staff member
Not really, I used it on my thrust bearings when I had my EXI 450 pro. Personally i would only use white lith on the thrust bearings. For the radial bearings I would stick with something like tri flow. For the motor if I had it I would use the scorpion oil.

Top Bottom