What kind of web browser do you use?

Derek

i just started experimenting with Chrome this morning and so far everything seems to work right...EXCEPT....when I go to YouTube....and this is a BIG hiccup. When I go to YouTube...the page loads up then after 2-3 seconds, the screen goes white. Not Good!!!

I wouldn't mind continuing with IE9, because Torch still isn't working for me, but when using IE9 and I go to RCH...i can't view videos on this site. I'll click on the video and I get a window pop up that says, "Internet Explorer has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is availale." I'll close the window and try to click on the video again..and I get the same irritating result. That's why I starting using Torch. However, the only downside to using Torch was that I wasn't able to upload videos to YouTube. I would have to go to IE9 to upload videos. Ugh! I did check with Google Chrome if I could click on videos and be able to view them....yes...that works. But...on Chrome, I still can't get to YouTube. I'll type in "youtube.com" and hit enter...the page loads up for 2-3 seconds then just goes white.

I am at a loss here.

Lee

I use Safari by Mac and firefox both without issues. I tried chrome but i also had Youtube issues.

Derek

ahhhh, good news!!!

I downloaded FireFox and I've been playing around with it for about an hour now and it seems to do everything that I want it to do without those annoying windows popping up.

Thanks for your opinions!!!

i am happy, once again!

stokke

I use Chrome - love it. I have used Explorer, Opera and Firefox previously - but I feel Chrome is just a tad faster - and I love the browser sign in.

RandyDSok

Ignoring the underlying problem that is actually causing the issue by using a different browser isn't something I would recommend. The computer has an issue with a corruption, conflict, infection or less likely... some bad hardware. If the cause is either a corruption or infection, the problem will likely get worse and affect more areas of the system... From the limited description already given... the issue started showing itself in one browser and now has spread to several others as well.

I would strongly recommend backing up your important files, photo's, music and other documents. If you are unable to diagnose a computer and then fix it yourself, which isn't unusual for most people, take it to someone that can.

Derek

I absolutely agree with you, rdsok! I have it planned to take my pc into the shop tomorrow morning. I am certainly not the type of person that knows how to fix these issues. So....i'm hoping by the weekend my pc will be acting better.

Tony

Staff member
These issues like this are the reason I reformat and reinstall my OS about every 6 months. It's just nice to have a fresh start and not have to chase issues all the time. I need to do it to my desktop and get that damn SSD off of it. With my video editing software, it's filling it up way too fast, and if I move the locations where the files are saved, then I lose some of the functionality of the program. Not sure why. I may play around with it one more time, but after that, the SSD is going up for sale and I'm sticking with a 3TB drive as my main.

Top Bottom