What Did You Do Today???

Tony

Staff member
I remember back when you were going to live stream, you just put in the link, and then the key and hit stream. Now, you have to log in to your program, log into your account, connect the accounts, and if you try to do it the old way, it likes to toss a warning and give you an even harder time. ugh....

RandyDSok

Well... looks like I'm going to get game ready on my computer after several decades of not messing with it. I'll be sporting a Radeon RX 5700 XT 8Gb video card and also have a 750w 80+ Gold power supply on the way. :D

Rob Lancaster

I just started to over haul a distributor for my bro's '96 Honda Accord. All because the shaft seal started to leak. According to the shop manual, that part ain't sold separately. The parts manager at my local Honda dealer is a friend of mine so I'll check with him to make sure.. Even if I need to replace the lower assembly it's easy to move the electronic sensors from the old chassis to the new one.. Not only that he gives me a nice discount on all parts.

That's nice indeed because I also need to reseal the power steering pump and replace the radiator and thermostat and cap... Sounds like a pain but it ain't, just some fun for Rob!!

I wish I could as easily find the that darn water leak in the trunk where the spare tire well is. If it rains it leaks. If I take a hose to the car to try to find the leak it doesn't leak. What the devil is going here... I took out the interior panels and all to expose the seals and such. I still can't find the leak when it rains. The rear window seal is good, the trunk seal is good, and the tail light seals are fine... What am I missing?....

RandyDSok

Rob... You'll need a second person and use a bright light and look around from inside the trunk...

P.S. ... make sure it's a person you trust, it'd suck being locked in a dark trunk... :D

Rob Lancaster

Oh yes,, it's my bro's car so I stuffed him in the trunk with a Mag light. LOL! However you did say someone you can trust.... Maybe I better do it...

RandyDSok

My new GPU and PS came in today and I got them installed without issues...

I got Borderlands 3 for free ( with the purchase of the GPU ) and it took forever to download, I suspect their servers were overloaded. They ( Epic ) are having some specials and today was a free copy of The Escapists... so I grabbed that while I was at it. They'll have others up until the 19th, so I'll revisit that to take advantage of any other give aways.

Then, went to my Steam account and saw they were having a special on Red Dead Redemption 2 ( actually a Rockstar game ) and grabbed the Special Edition for the price the Standard one normally sells for ( $60 ). I've also installed CS Go already since it was free.

I went over to GoG to see what they had and didn't see anything special that caught my eye. I did see they have an old one that I actually already own but don't know where I put it at... F-117 Stealth Fighter for only $1.75 .... I don't have a working joystick, so I may look at getting one some day.

Rob Lancaster

Ok, I think your referring to a video game and a play station, LOL! Goes to show you, I don't know jack when it comes that stuff. I don't know why I never got into gamming...

As far as what I did today; nothing... I need a break from yesterday. While I was replacing the radiator I noticed one of the two main bumper brackets is badly rusted out. A wad of gum would have a better hold on the bumper's beam... I didn't plan on removing the bumper with this job but I had no choice. Now I'm stiff as a board again.. So now's the time to add the two parts to my parts order...

In the mean time I need to clean and re-undercoat the area. Also while I have it all apart, I'll overhaul the power steering cooler and replace the hoses and clamps..

Tony

Staff member
Getting back to the post of Rob's where I thought he stated he saw a ring around the moon (he didn't, I misread it)... Well last night, we here in Ok, saw a ring around teh moon. I saw it when I was walking Gunny, and it was just too friggin cold to come in, grab my phone, and go back otu for a picture. It should happen again sometime soon lol.

And Randy, when did you start gaming? lol. Maybe we should get together and set Jacob up with a little gaming PC that can run most games (no AAA titles of course) and we shouuld setup a little 3 way gaming session... Just saying that sounded horribly dirty lol.

Rob Lancaster

I've seen many in the past, some with double rings and a little color, wild!

On a couple of occasions I've seen moon bows during a meteor shower mission. I turn around and boom! A huge whitish arch across the sky at night; even wilder...

RandyDSok

And Randy, when did you start gaming? lol. Maybe we should get together and set Jacob up with a little gaming PC that can run most games (no AAA titles of course) and we shouuld setup a little 3 way gaming session... Just saying that sounded horribly dirty lol.

Started gaming eh? .... If you mean on an actual PC instead of a console or whatever , then does an actual Apple 2e count... or a PC Jr.? ... if not, just a PC then... That would have been in the mid-90's and then played a lot for about 10 yrs give or take .... sort of burned out on it. Of course, the games now have gone far beyond what I had back then.

I'll need to practice a lot before I worry about any gaming sessions ... :)

Tony

Staff member
Put up my 4th monitor last night and put in my second GPU today. You know you are old when you stand up to put an HDMI cable behind a monitor through the desk, and as you are leaning over, your back pops and you know exactly what do to.... I remember that feeling from when my back put me on the ground for 10+ minutes... Not fun!

But I have 4 monitors again! WOOT!

#FirstWorldProblems

Rob Lancaster

No need to sugar cote it Tony..
When I last popped my back ( a few months back) I screamed like a little girl... It was again another living hell.. :miserable:…..

Tony

Staff member
Pain is not quite that bad, but kept getting worse during the live stream today and I had to stop. Laying in bed now...

Rob Lancaster

With me it's my disk between the 4/5 vertebra.
It exploded over a decade ago and I've never been the same. Doctor said there were bone fragments from the failure in there; ouch!!…. Then after that you realize you have a major problem, one that will and did take me out of the game on a professional level.. Talk about depression, I wanted to open up a little shop with two or three racks and expand outward from my carport. I hate working on the ground; am I right guys...

Anyway; take care brada Tony! We're all root'n for yah!

RandyDSok

Dang... I did it again... :D

After upgrading my GPU and PS.... I guess I've got the fever... lol

I'd actually planned to upgrade my CPU ( currently it's a Ryzen 5 1500X 4c/8t ) and it's just fine for standard computing but a little lacking for gaming. I'd planned on getting the Ryzen 5 3600 a 6c / 12t CPU that is plenty for most people only Amazon has a sale on the 3600X version which is usually about $50 higher ( which makes it not worth it for the little extra 200 Mhz ) and is now just $10 more. The one thing better and is certainly worth consideration is with the 3600X the cooler it comes with is better than the 3600 has.

So hopefully I will receive that about Thursday and get that installed given time.

I've got two other "wants" for my system... a fast 1Tb NVME M.2 SSD to replace the current standard SSD and a 4Tb 7200rpm HDD for storage since I may fill up the 1.5 Tb of space I've currently got available ( a 500Gb and 1Tb HDD ) that is starting to fill up a bit more than I prefer.

Top Bottom