What Did You Do Today???

Tony

Staff member
Fixing toilets... When we had our well pump replaced (when I replaced the pump I should say) there was a lot of grass that was put down into the well. This isn't bad, it just causes some issues with some of the plumbing. Mainly clogging filters and causing O-Rings to not seal. So, I fixed it so the toilet was not constantly running. Yay me... lmao

murankar

Staff member
Good thing it wasn't a reset. I hate setting toilets. Ill do it because its not that hard, I just hate doing it.

putang

well back to work to morrow .let the fun begin 3:30/4:00 am comes early . talk about fixing toilets where I work a lot of guy's use there foot to flush . maintenance has there job cut out for them where I work . I caught my oldest daughter doing that at the house 1 time told her that was fine but if she broke it she fixed it . use toilet paper if you are afraid of germs . different side of the coin when you Own your Own house .

bigone5500

I built new control panels for my boat. I replaced the original panels which had original rocker type switches in it. The plastic was warped and faded. 1/4" aluminum stock looks great. I also replaced the live well controls. I'm still not done with the wiring but the panel, toggle, and potentiometer are installed. I will be installing a blue led in the upper hole.

20190212_091353.jpg 20190212_091413.jpg 20190212_091319.jpg

Tony

Staff member
So OEC Fiber (my future internet service provider) has just announced the first area to get internet service. Guess what... I'm not in that area... Go Figure...

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
So OEC Fiber (my future internet service provider) has just announced the first area to get internet service. Guess what... I'm not in that area... Go Figure...

Don't feel bad Tony. We have it about 1000' feet away from us but they have no idea when they will be able to hook it up. Not enough houses in the area, so they say! :(.

bigone5500

Let someone else be the guinea pig Tony. They will get it right with them and when it comes to you they will surely get you going quickly.

Tony

Staff member
You have no idea how long I have been waiting to tell my current ISP to FO. I'm going to take great pleasure in it...

bigone5500

After an hour or so, I finally got the + & - wires ran for my boat. I upgraded the original from 14 ga. to 10 ga. and added a 12 position fuse block. When I bought it there was a fuse block but it was decayed and not used. Nothing was fused on there. I like the fuse block in that it has LEDs that light up when a fuse blows. I have a piece of 1/4" brass stock that I'll use for a ground source. I'll probably mount it to a piece of lexan or something to insulate it from the hull. I don't have any copper or I'd use it. I know where some is but I'll get fired if I take any...LOL!!! Go figure...

Tony

Staff member
An hour ago I was made VERY happy. My electric company which has started a new company with Fiber internet just released an update. Guess who is in the area they are taking live next? :yahoo:

Last week they took the west side of Lake Thunderbird live and started installing customers internet there. We are the second area that is going live and I could not be happier!

Symmetrical Gigabit Internet! Talk about a massive upgrade from symmetrical 6mbps internet that usually ran at about 3mbps!

RandyDSok

An hour ago I was made VERY happy. My electric company which has started a new company with Fiber internet just released an update. Guess who is in the area they are taking live next? :yahoo:

Last week they took the west side of Lake Thunderbird live and started installing customers internet there. We are the second area that is going live and I could not be happier!

Symmetrical Gigabit Internet! Talk about a massive upgrade from symmetrical 6mbps internet that usually ran at about 3mbps!

Very cool...

My old work secretary is getting hers hooked up next Thursday... She lives off of NE 84th and Alameda. I'd have mentioned it before but I didn't want to rub salt into the wound etc.

murankar

Staff member
Congrats

As y'all know I am about to head to Georgia in about 2 weeks. Well I leave on the 26th. Anyhow I found out this past weekend that there was a chance I was not going. Well as of today I fixed that problem. I had to retake an entrance exam.

This exam was 50 questions and I had 90 minutes to complete the test. This test would have stumped some of y'all IT guys. Only because there was army stuff involved with it. Since this info is out there on Google, in had to know a bunch of WIN-T knowledge that only certain signal solders learn.

When I was in Korea I was a team chief on a WIN-T system. That's the only reason why I was able to get a few of the questions right.

Long story short I needed a 70 to pass I got a 76. Can't win them all.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Chance I was not going.

So I edited it. The not got auto corrected to hot. So I had to fix that too.

This auto correct is out of control.

Top Bottom