What Did You Do Today???

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Yes, yes! I had a electric train set when I was a wee lad. No where as high tec as this setup. This is cool!
My son David who's a fire fighter wrote a book that's on Amazon. He's a Deputy Chief with the Newport News Fire Department and is also working on his master's degree in counseling. His book has reached many first responders with PTSD some of thinking about taking their own lives due to the stress they experience. No father is more proud than I of his son. Remember the earthquake that hit Haiti several years ago? David was a member of the Virginia Task Force that went to help. His team were on CNN seen saving some children and an a adult. What happen on 9/11 might have been a factor of him joining the fire department. That's why Hulk Jr. was built to honor him and all fire fighters past and present.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230630_103300_Photo_Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20230630_103300_Photo_Editor.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Resized_20230630_102812.jpeg
    Resized_20230630_102812.jpeg
    301.4 KB · Views: 2

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
With much respect to your uncle in keeping us safe, he's a hero in my eyes. Will pray and ask St. Michael to comfort you and family. Stay strong my friend.

murankar

Staff member
Again Thank You. Ironically the scaring on his left is not from being a fire fighter. It was quite the opposite. He was involved with childhood curiosity that involved fire.

murankar

Staff member
At midnight on the 26 we (northeast ohio) had 6 reported tornadoes. An EF1 touched down about 2 miles from my residence. An EF2 touched down near Cleveland. Have not had power since. All is well and i ambusing my time pull cat6 through the house. We recently upgraded our network to ubiquiti. I need to pull cat6 for the wireless access points mainly for PoE. Anyhow due to the reduction of coffee i have been fighting a headach all morning.

The househild is safe and we are all managing the now power situation at the moment. If you want to look it up the tornado that almost hit me was the one that dropped at Broadmore RD in mentor ohio.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Wishing you and the family the best. Mother nature is not a force to mess with. Looks like here in Florida we are going to see our first hurricane make landfall this week around my area. It's not like a URI situation, you don't have much time to prepare for a tornado vs. a hurricane that you can track and have time to get ready or even just leave the state. Myself...I rather ride the storm out :scratchchin:

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Glad you and family are safe. In the past history of this country, tornadoes used to have a certain pattern of travel. That's sure has changed in the last few years, "Tornadoe Alley" is everywhere now. When one hit us here in Virginia Beach 4 months ago, it took out a well established neighbor with beautiful homes. 115 homes mostly 2 story brick with well kept lawns were completely destroyed at a cost of 15 million dollars. Fort Story a military base where I was assigned and retired from suffered 3 million dollars damage. It came down so fast people were caught off guard. So lucky no one were killed but a few suffered injuries. One family were trap in their car when a power line fell near them. And we just had "Something in the water" festival that drew 1000's of visitors the 3 days prior. So please everyone who is reading this please take the warnings seriously.

murankar

Staff member
All I know is apparently Thursday at about 2330 the weather sirnes went off. I didnt hear them. Neither did my GF. We had a couple flickers of lights going out and a nader warning alert on the phone.. I shut down my PC and started gathering my unpacked go bag. Grabed my rifle, 2 pistols all my ammo, water purifing stuff , fire starting tools, and car keys just in case. Didnt want to lose those In about 20 minutes i had our shelter area cleaned out and stocked. All i was missing was food. i stepped out side the winds were roaring, i had to move my car just in case. I didnt want judys car blocked by mine and her sons. i wanted to ensure that we had at least one usable car if it came to it.

I wss more concerned for my daughter who lives in my house. She was clear form all of the horrible weather.
Screenshot_20230827_231125_Gallery.jpg

murankar

Staff member
My phone is finally getting better signal at the house. As of yesterdays local news report we had 10 naders hit northeast ohio. i would not be surprised if this is a historical record for ohio. When we do them its usuall far eastern ohio youngstown or the trumble county area. Growing up on the radio rhats what i woukd here. Rruble county hit by a nader. Anyhow yeah i wouldnt be surprised.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230828_092337_Firefox.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230828_092337_Firefox.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 0

Rob Lancaster

Hey guys, glad I didn't live in Lahaina,.
The details are very gruesome.
Ok, let's listen up.
Hawaiian Electric is not totally at fault for the fires. The truth is that many things contributed to this hell storm. Including! everytime the news says, "it's fire time, so let's all be careful out there because one spark and",,,, on and on!!! Within 3 or 4 days, fires everywhere! No gd lightning, no meteorite strike, just fires!!! Remember two years ago when some A hole started a fire just a hundred yards from us during a Perseid meteor mission we were on. Its arson most of the time. What evidence they find, they just say it's glo-bo-bal warming.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
What I've heard of the Island is plenty of rain and wind since they consider it a tropical depression till it clears Cuba. Now hurricane Idalia has free runs straight toward Florida. It will hit slightly north of me as a cat 4 early Wednesday morning they say. It's going to be a nightfall. That means we will get the right side of the storm which is not good...it's all not good. Lots of wind rain flooding and power outage. I'm finishing up boarding the house, running the generator, and picking up anything that can be a flying projectile. This isn't our first rodeo and we want to make sure that it won't be our last either.
I do have my Phantom 3 drone ready, thanks to Tony, so I can evaluate the area after the storm leaves.

murankar

Staff member
I was refering to Hawaii. They have had raging fires for about a month now. You shoumd be planning on a shelter in place soon. Ryan Hall Yall has a presiction of aug 30 for land fall.

Rob Lancaster

What I've heard of the Island is plenty of rain and wind since they consider it a tropical depression till it clears Cuba. Now hurricane Idalia has free runs straight toward Florida. It will hit slightly north of me as a cat 4 early Wednesday morning they say. It's going to be a nightfall. That means we will get the right side of the storm which is not good...it's all not good. Lots of wind rain flooding and power outage. I'm finishing up boarding the house, running the generator, and picking up anything that can be a flying projectile. This isn't our first rodeo and we want to make sure that it won't be our last either.
I do have my Phantom 3 drone ready, thanks to Tony, so I can evaluate the area after the storm leaves.
Hang on DOG!!
More on the fires later.........

Rob Lancaster

About the fires.
A high percentage of the wild fires are arson. Again today, the local news is warning that tomorrow is a red flag day for fires. Then they go on to graphically show when, where and why certain areas are prime for the dam fire bugs. Don't worry, it'll be on fire in no time!

Ok that takes care of the arsonist. Next is Hawaiian Electric. There is some evidence that there were some polls that went down in the wind that day. However the current was shut off early on. There's talk that there was multiple ignition points that looked suspicious. Probably tested positive for benzene. But shhhhh, it's caused by global warming...... And speaking of global warming, Hawaiian Electric decided to go green so they neglected the existing system.

Next up, is the emergency management whatever. Or Civil Defence or something. They control the sirens. Anyway the guy that gives the orders didn't want to sound the sirens because he was afraid that people would be confused and run into the fire. Say what the ^$#K!! No animal is that stupid! Anywho, he resigned and were rid of him.

There is so much more to this story. but you'll never here it on the news. All you'll hear is, its global warming and that's that. Just ask our senator Hazy Crazy Mazzie Harono. What an idiot.......... Oh I almost forgot. Somehow all the roads got blocked before everyone could get out. Again! Say what!!
Ok my blood pressure is climbing so I'm going to call it a night. If anyone has questions about the event, I'll try to answer as accurately as possible. In closing, this crap must stop. I know how to do it but nooo,,, no one listens to ole Rob. LOL!

murankar

Staff member
Sounds like Politics has consumed that area. Trying to push a cause at the expense of its people. Hopefully the gov gets off their backsides and actually does something to help you all. Yeah that's some crazy stuff. stay safe and roast some dogs I guess.

Top Bottom