What Did You Do Today???

RandyDSok

Hey Randy; is this the radar unit you saw when at Norman?

That appears to be the original test unit they installed in 2003 ... the MPAR. They updated it in 2016 to the ATD version which supports dual-pol radar and was suppose to start testing in 2019.

I've driven past the radar, but never have toured the facility. The guy in the office next to mine at work, designs the computer side of the radars that his company, Baron, sells commercially to universities, governments and companies ( such as TV stations as one example ). At some point, hopefully coinciding with a visit with his boss, we are going to try to get a tour but that hasn't happened yet.

Rob Lancaster

That appears to be the original test unit they installed in 2003 ... the MPAR. They updated it in 2016 to the ATD version which supports dual-pol radar and was suppose to start testing in 2019.

I've driven past the radar, but never have toured the facility. The guy in the office next to mine at work, designs the computer side of the radars that his company, Baron, sells commercially to universities, governments and companies ( such as TV stations as one example ). At some point, hopefully coinciding with a visit with his boss, we are going to try to get a tour but that hasn't happened yet.

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...…….. I can't wait for the next evolution in awesome radar sensor technology!

Oh hey; are you ready for the Falcon 9 launch this morning?...
Let's go babee!!!!!!!!

murankar

Staff member
Today my contract is signed by both parties. The stipulations on the house are agreed. Home inspection on Friday along with good faith money going down.

So 770 E266th is the property I am contracted for. I can have my own everytbing space in the basement. The upstairs will be clean AF (air force). I have a bunch of people getting me starter stuff so the house can be a home for the kids.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
That's great URI. I'm glad all went well for you. I wish you and the kids the best. Enjoy and try to stay single for awhile :).

Tony

Staff member
I'm ready for all of this to be over.... The sad truth is I highly doubt we will ever go back to "the way it was". Which sucks.

So what have I been up to? Working way too much and getting way more stressed out than I should. The only RC thing that I have done lately (last few months) is I cleared off one of the shelf's to make room for the 3D printer. I needed to get the printer off my desk so that I had more room to work.... All work and no play is making Tony a very dull boy.....

Rob Lancaster

Oh, we'll be back to the same old thing again soon... America will find a way like always... So hang in there buddy... And have some fun for a change and relax a spell...

murankar

Staff member
The house saga drama continues.

The owner is being a real pain. I ha e other choice words but we will stick with pain.

Tony

Staff member
Tell him to either do what he is contracted to do, or you will move on to another house. His is only one in a field of many, and he is NOT that special.

Tony

Staff member
Ah, yea that changes things then. There is always the bluff to get him back on track.... But that could definitely go wrong in a hurry.

murankar

Staff member
I thought about that. This particular house with what it has at its price point is a great deal. So fingers crossed that he bites on the rest of the deal.

murankar

Staff member
Looks like the house deal is moving along. Found out the jome owner is battling another round of cancer and is in chemo now. He just wants out of the house but doesn't want to be taken advantage of.

I wish the best for him. At the same time I want thus house. Fungers crossed. Oh the VA appraised the house the same day I had my inspection done. I got best case sanario a late day , Friday inspection.

murankar

Staff member
Good news the VA approved the appraisal today. So I can get the what I am requested.

The report was no repairs needed.

Rob Lancaster

Hi guys! Hey remember I said the old training golf coarse for the collage behind the house here was over grown.. There's big spiders and centipedes' and now a family of wild boars, ha!... I just so happened to have my crappy camera in my pocket when I turned around a saw 4 pigs on top the hill in the back. (sorry zoom in)..

The neighbors say there's babies as well. Oh boy, is it Kalua Pork time, LOL!!…. I know this guy that very handy with a bow... I'd love to sample some on our home made pizza. I managed to capture a couple of snaps of 2 of them before I went out there. I snuck up on one of them. Got about 10 feet before the thing knew I was there. Then they all bailed back down to the waist land that was my private air field, this sucks!... Ha!...

Attachments

• Boars.JPG
    Boars.JPG
    248.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Boar2.JPG
    Boar2.JPG
    232.4 KB · Views: 4

Rob Lancaster

I didn't know you had trouble with the site Tony. I've been a little busy too re- galvanizing an old antenna mast for the new VHF beam that we're working on.

At the same time, I'm adding an anti-dew system to my li'll telescope. I also added a nice tripod so now I can easily do the star alignment on setup. I ordered a new computer controller because the original has developed a problem with the contrast control of the read out. Sometimes the read out goes all bright and I can't read it.. Ok last but not least, the elevation motor's clutch started slipping. Too many burn outs, lol... But seriously,, I take it apart again and find the problem.

The one and only disk that busted (obviously the white one) I'm told is no longer available.. So this is what I came up with to solve this problem.. I took some automotive manifold gasket stock I had and traced out the original disk on it. Then I carefully cut out two of them with a scissor and boxcutter... The second one was installed on the other side of the drive gear. Next I modified the pressure plate by removing four peg like protrusions on the face of the pressure plate. Now I have a much larger friction surface and she holds tight..

I was curious so I was looking at some imaging equipment.. Oh jeezo man that stuff is way out of my price range. Mainly because I'm broke. Oh no, no,, I can't believe it costs that much in this day and age. Sort of reminds me of the RC habit.. If you want to fly, you gotta buy, buy, buy...….

Attachments

• IMG_1875.JPG
    IMG_1875.JPG
    249.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Scope clutch.jpg
    Scope clutch.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 2

Matt

I noticed the site was down for a couple days. At first I was getting a certificate error then it just seemed to be down altogether. Glad it’s back up.

murankar

Staff member
Last night I signed the underwriters pre close estimates document. I am fairly confident at this point that the sale is going to happen.

My concern is/was that I would not get the loan. While I had a pre-approval it was not an approval. Now that I just signed the closing estimate stuff I feel it's a done deal. Just need to get through the next week or so. As for my end I am waiting on my closing funds. Once that comes in I am done.

Hash tag new life.

murankar

Staff member
The ol lady and I are done. Going to have a beer and some pizza.

The house is coming along. I just went through underwritting and signed my mortgage estimate worksheet. Insurance company has been notified by the lender. Just waiting on my closing cost check to come in. Once that happens we are looking at a week tops to closes. We'll maybe 2 at most.

Top Bottom