What could this be!!! A box of goodies!! ;)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
ohh no.. Its just the way the tail works on it. it doesnt have an auto rotation gear so when it comes off throttle it looses tail authority.. Teeny tiny blades :D

- - - Updated - - -

just letting you know though.. If you see closely. there is no Tail fin there. All because my dreams of NO CRASHING the 130 were shattered the first flight. So, I crashed going tail first doing inverted circuits .. went in pretty hard. Expected that to be the end.. BUT HEY it wasnt. All I lost was tail fin. NOTHING ELSE! I was surprised. But I am not planning on smacking it in so much. After that rest 3 batteries were crash free.. KNOCK ON WOOD! :p :D

callsign4223

Staff member
So no real damage from the crash? How hard did you drill it in? Not to rub salt into it, just to get a first hand feel for the durability.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, the bird looks really stable and the head speed is just sick. Makes me really want one now. Ah well, another day...

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
So no real damage from the crash? How hard did you drill it in? Not to rub salt into it, just to get a first hand feel for the durability.

Think about just doing what I was doing inverted backwards not as fast but still going... and I got disoriented and ploughed it in very low grass.. soil.. tail first.. Think about this.. I thought I was gonna walk upto a broken tail boom and blades atleast.. plus stripped gears. all I had was a missing fin.. lol

Lee

I really want one, but this summer has been bad on the bank balance. Hoping next year will bring more work and helicopter pocket money. :)

Tony

Staff member
I just read one of your post Lee stating the payout and you would have all the new toys you could want. Did you find more than you anticipated? hahaha :lmao:

Lee

I did get that payout. It paid for my BeastX, Tarot ZYX, Chaos 600FBL head, Tarot 500 FBL head, DX8, A load of new batteries and My new QAV500 and all the FPV gear. And i just bought a new FPV set up from ImmersionRC which should arrive next week :) And thats about all the toys fund gone for this year. :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Durability:

Five crashes...

One stripped gear which cost me merely 2 bucks. And 10 mins to repair

Tail fin 2.99

Was checking over things and found my tail output shaft is now out of round.. That and my pitch slider looks like bad as its been skinning at high speeds on a wobbling shaft.

Gotta tell you though! I love this bird!! :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Adding more info... :

Blades: weighted stock blades. Make the birdies stable.. slower (kindof).. lower on HS by a bit, less pop..
Faster non weighted stock blades: WOW! difference is amazing! its light! its fast and its THREEE DEEE!!! high HS and LOT more pop.

Definitely recommend starting with weighted blades to start off with getting used to the bird. But once you wanna start throwing it around..!! mmmmmmm!! Fast blades it is! man! this birdie is making me happy till now.

P.S: my observation till now on the tail issues that people are whaling everywhere about: ITS PROBLEMS THEY CREATED.. My bird was used when it got to me. I have flown it 15 batteries gice or take ... crashed 4 times. 3 hard ones. I have stripped a gear. I have broken a tail fin. but everytime before going in the air I have treated this bird like a big bird and checked things very very closely. I have done O ring addition mod to every ball link on this bird. Found that my tail output shaft was out of round, changed that out. That had caused my tail pitch slider's bearing to go out on me. SO add a tail output shaft and tail pitch slider to my parts list, and that is it. My bird flies beautifully. Its got almost no tail wag. I flew today in 20+mph wind.. and I gid tic tocs, piro flips, what not. It just flew.

I noticed that the tail servo was missing two mounting screws.. so I am gonna fix that cause thats causing some flex in it.. and that might very well be the reason for my slight wag. but its very very slight.. not noticeable..
Anywaz.. I love this bird and highly recommend it! :)

callsign4223

Staff member
U better watch it gaba. U and tony are fixin to be side by side on my wife's list of people I'm not allowed to talk to cause they make me spend money.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
U better watch it gaba. U and tony are fixin to be side by side on my wife's list of people I'm not allowed to talk to cause they make me spend money.

heeheehee Matt thats what I told tony when he was tempting me to buy more birds.. You know what Matt.. You should get one 130X. :) :D :D :D :D You'l love it. Just tell the wifey its the same heli different canopy! :D heehee ;P

Adam

I force myself into all purchases i have an whole hobby room in under a year. And if it wasnt for this site i think i would have half that. Green Eyed Monster is all i have to say

Top Bottom