What could this be!!! A box of goodies!! ;)

stokke

OH, COME ON!!
WHERE'S THE JEALOUS-SMILEY?

I sort of hate you right now Gaba...
Nah. Congrats :D :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Compared to mcpx.. I can tell you this now. Stock to stock mcpx vs 130x..

130x wins! :D its shaft driven tail, which means full control.

Issues: there are some in the tail. More than what you see in mcpx

130x is 130 size flies much more like a 300 size heli .Very stable but... SQUIRMY

Wont take crashes as well as mcpx.

NOT a beginner heli esp with the tail issues. :D

You tell me more of what you are looking for, i'll add more info :)

callsign4223

Staff member
I'm curious about the durability compared to a mcpx. Also tail blowouts compared to stock mcpx, and head bogging.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Head bogging.. Stock motor is much more powerful and better than the mcpx because its brushless. mcpx is brushed. Head still bogs on too much collective but not near as much as mcpx. Has plenty power stock to do everything, you have to stil manage your collective. It is a small bird.

Tail hold: Tail hold is great! no blowouts like mcpx at all esp because its a connected direct drive with variable tail blade pitch.problems i am talking about are its very sensitive to bearing grittiness and gear mesh causing resonance in flight and thus causing tail wags. but it doesnt blow out.

Durability.. This is not a mcpx and not at all a nano or msr. Its much more durable than your 450 or 400 size bird. BUt its not gonna take crashes and stay happy as a mcpx. You have many more complex mechanisms and power and small gears.

Servos are burning but people are smacking this in the ground like a mcpx and expecting durability. Thats not gonna happen. :D

I will start smacking this around. and I will keep a log of what break at what type of crash. Iam really hoping i dont smack this in the ground too hard. :) BUt this definitely will be my sim. :) 450 has taken too much beating.

callsign4223

Staff member
Ya, the mcpx has been my sim, but the tail blowout has been killin me so I was seriously considering the 130x because of the variable pitch tail.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Honestly even stock mcpx, didn't blow its tail on me.. Have you set your pitch travel limits UP AND DOWN to 70 or 75?? My tail held pretty well actually.

callsign4223

Staff member
It's getting so bad lately that I am really starting to wonder if something is wrong on the bird. It may just be that I'm trying stuff that I've never done before too.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Lol lee

Call sign: you know it might be time to put in a new tail motor or Kbdd tail blades. Tail motors burn out in that Heli. They are working hard

Tony

Staff member
Congrats Gaba (even though I already knew, suckers :biggrin1:). when that thing spooled up, it sounded like a table router spinning 30k... Cant' wait to see this thing outside doing what it's supposed to do. Seeing that makes me want one... No, I can't... :damnit:

Matt, try turning your pitch down. Once I did that it mostly quit blowing the tail out. However if you make a good enough deal with me, I will sell you my brushless mcpx with teh HP05 motor (lots of motor :D). I also have the dual tail on it and it seems to hold pretty well. You just can't go way crazy with it. But it's infinitely better than the stocker. It better be for what I have in it lmao. If you are interested in it, you can send me a PM or you have my number. it's just been hanging around waiting on someone to fly it.

callsign4223

Staff member
Ya, I'm gonna try to lower the pitch and try some of the tail blades gabba was talking about. The stock ones always felt really flimsy. If I spend a chunk on another sub 450 it's gonna be a 130x.

Adam

The suspense man the suspense. After you saying how squirmy this thing was i was greatful i went with the mcpx and i ordered Kbdd main blades and tail blades. Thanks

Tony

Staff member
KBDD mains are more flexible than the stockers. Not as much "snap" with them and they will be bent when you are done flying. Lee and Gaba have seen this and it's the reason I have stuck with the stockers. Much stronger and much better IMO.

Top Bottom