Quad Well, My Into into FPV!

Lee

You made the right choice. I'm hoping today the escs will arrive, then i can get on with this project. Getting tired of looking at the frame all sad on my work bench with no electrics in it :)

murankar

Staff member
I am the reverse Lee, I got the electrics and no high quality frame to put them in. I am hopping at tax time to get one.

Breeze i with ya on the cheap electronics on a high quality frame, it just does not feel right. Now I feel like a d.b. because now I have higher end equipment on a cheap frame (heli).

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Thats my thoughts on it anyways! Stick with it Murankar, Maybe when you get back to the states you can get A good align frame to put the good electronics into.

murankar

Staff member
I am looking at two options MSH or X-Cell Furion 450. Right now because of the electrics that I have (mostly the motor) I will get the furion 450. For some reason I am really stuck on these to platforms. I want something different. The wife and I had the talk and it could possibly happen this spring. Will see what happens.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Well my esc's for my H quad build won't be in for 30 days! Hmmmm china. HK to be exhact! In the mean time I have been looking at flight cams for the qav500. Tell me what you think. Will they work with the system that I bought from Tony? Hear is the first one.

Ultra high resolution 690 lines Wide Dynamic Range FPV Camera 2.8mm Lens

On the next one what is the difference between PAL and NTSC?

FPV Video Camera - Sony 1/3 CCD - 2.8mm glass lens - 0.5 LowLux 25g - MultiWiiCopter.com

- - - Updated - - -

Well my esc's for my H quad build won't be in for 30 days! Hmmmm china. HK to be exhact! In the mean time I have been looking at flight cams for the qav500. Tell me what you think. Will they work with the system that I bought from Tony? Hear is the first one.

http://www.urbandrones.com/Ultra-high-resolution-690-lines-Wide-Dynamic-Range-FPV-Camera-28mm-Lens_p_35.html

On the next one what is the difference between PAL and NTSC?

http://www.multiwiicopter.com/products/carbon-i-25gn-fpv-sony-ccd-2-8mm-camera-video

Lee

Yes i bought the case that goes with it. Only problem was, there are only two holes in the back. On the camera there are three plugs. I just cut an extra hole :D

Lee

I have tested mine, and the quality is very good so far. My ESCs arrived today but i was working.Straight to the post office in the morning to pick them up.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I got my AV Tx Rx today. I can't believe how small they are! Especially the Rx. I can see how the Rx would be small. But I would of thought the Tx would be twice has big has it is! Lol. Now where are the directions? Tony do you have them? Lol shoulden't be too hard to figure out.

I'm looking at fat shark googles. I like the Dominators. I'd have them ordered but the place here in the USA that carries the, is backordered. Man these fpv parts dealers got to be making a killing. Everything backordered all the time! Lol

Also looking for a used go pro hero 2 for my down camera. If anyone has one for sale pm me!

Tony

Staff member
Nope, never received instructions for them. I would have looked farther in it but pretty much lost interest in it before I ever got started. It's a basic setup though.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Thanks cool! Just about what I figured they were. Do I have to get a regulated 12v power supply for them?

Lee

If you want to carry a 3S on the quad thats fine. But i have a reg to reduce the 4S from my flight pack to 12V it will be soldered to one of the spare connector pads on the PDB

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I was just wondering cause the camrera I bought says 12v regulated and I'm going to use 4s for the quad. Makes no sence using 2 batteries.

Top Bottom