Micro V911 Tail Motor Wahala

trainrider06

Shoot that 500 gets dwarfed by some of these guys 6-700 beasts they have!
But going from my SR to a 450, the 450 seemed huge! But then when I got the 500 I was scared to death because it was so much bigger (and expensive!) I was very intimidated by it because all I could see were $$$$ every time I just hovered it! Then one day I was hovering it after flying the 450, and I thought well dang I can fly this stupid 450 so I should be able to fly the 500!
A so I did, and it was so smooth and flew so well! But I only made a couple laps with it because I was shaking so freaking bad lol.
But as the old saying goes gotta get back on the horse, so I put another pack in it and flew it around....and didn't shake lol so after that I just flew it!

Smoggie

obinaija,

Sounds like you are having a lot of fun with your helis. For the price the V911 is hard to beat, but for outdoor flying it's a bit limited because they don't like wind. The Trex 500 you mentioned is a good heli but a huge step up in all ways from a V911, not only in cost. Flying a heli like that from a balcony over the top of a crowded street would be a no-no, so you would have to find a different flying site for sure.

So do you have any photos of your helis and the street where you fly, I'd love to see it.

trainrider06

i didn't catch the part where he flew em over a balcony LOL Would be kinda cool to get a real looking scale heli about 800 size and hover it out over the balcony, at first glance people would probably freak out thinking its a real one LOL

obinaija

LOL! There'd be a full-fledged stampede, that's what.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Smoggie, I have written a long reply and then my internet connection craps out (as usual). Everything's mixed up. Can't find the saved bit. You're right: the 500 being a huge step up from V911. Don't even have the space in my city to fly the frigging thing. It's all part of my search for the 'next step'. Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures of my balcony performances. Cheers mate.

Top Bottom