450 Ughh! My Blade 400....

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like you need to add a little trim to it to keep the tail from drifting. You should have to do that to a good gyro like the 790 from Align, but the cheaper ones need to be fine tuned.

As for the gain adjustment, above 50 is heading hold mode, and below is rate mode. Rate mode only stops the tail from moving whereas HH mode will stop the movement they try to move it back to where it was. The farther you move the gain from 50, the more throw the gyro is going to use to keep that tail in check. Think of it this way. 51-100 is 0-100% throw on the servo. The higher the number, the more that servo arm is going to move. But too much on a slow servo will cause horrible tail wag. Same thing with Rate mode but it's from 49-0%. Hope this helps.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
check for vibration in the heli because of a broken part / main gear teeth missing.. the tail whip on throttle down, I have seen that happen in other birds too.. reasons I saw ( not saying you might have the same) : tail blades installed backwards. tail belt with missing teeth, vibrations getting to the gyro, gyro leads are rubbing on something and causing a connect and disconnect... main gears is missing a tooth.. see if its any of those.. but if not. then tony needs to put his sherlock holmes hat and find the culprit! :p :D

Hey Guys!

I got it! Since it was a tail issue, I took it apart and made sure no stripped tail. I think my problem was a twisted belt too much. She's holding with correct inputs on both rate and head hold mode. Thanks for the comments. You guys never gave up. Gaba you should be Holmes this time. Thanks for the set up vid Tony and the theory. Damn wind!!!! Check my new vid.....

Robert

Top Bottom