450 Ughh! My Blade 400....

Hey all...

My servos and swash set up are all out of synch on my Blade 400. I tried reversing the servo(s) and awash mix and still can't get the stock servos to coincide with my TX controls. I tried multiple settings.

Rob

Tony

Staff member
You need to set it up and at least get the servos working kinda correctly. If the elevator or aileron is reversed, that's not an issue. Once you get it working kinda right, but some things are reversed, go into your Swash Mix and go from 60 to -60. This will reverse the aileron, elevator or pitch, whatever one you need. Hope this helps.

I tried that Tony. I get my collctive to move my swash up and down then reverse my mix but still can't get the thing set right. Are my servos fried....

When I give up or down elevator, my aileron and elevator are reversed. When i change the swash mix value, they still do reversing and not in unison.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
If you mean that when you move your elevator you allerons move and vica versa, your servos are pluged into your reciever backwards!

Tony

Staff member
If they are moving, then the servos are fine. The servo in the back is your elevator servo and the ones on the sides are your aileron and pitch servos. The aileron and pitch can go in either slot on the Rx. Pitch will actually go into your Aux channel. Plug them in like that and see how it works. Put the left servo as pitch first, and if you can't use reverse and swash menu to fix it, then swap the aileron ant pitch servos on the Rx and try it again.

Got it guys!! The Blade 400 has the pitch on the right or left side and the elevator is in front. I had elevator and aileron as the side servos.... Geesh. All day mess and now it's dark. Thanks Tony and Breeze for repeating it thru my skull again.
Remaiden after rebuild coming soon if I can get the balls to fly her...Lmao

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Ah, I didn't know if that elevator was like the trex and in the back, or like the Razor and in the front. Glad you got it figured out though. And I'm sure you will do fine. Get some training gear on there if you don't already have it to help save the heli just in case. Oh, and get video lol.

Got her balanced and ready. Hopefully the tail spinning problem is gone. I reversed the rudder. After work I'll test her....

Tony

Staff member
Reversing the rudder in the Tx will only reverse what you do with the stick. If it's spinning on it's own, then the gyro is reversed.

So I should reverse the gyro.....when I posted the vid a few weeks back as she spun down thw tail spun to the right . We'll see later.

Tony

Staff member
On your next flight, just take it slow and get it on video if you can. If it still does the spinning thing, post up the video and we will be able to help out more. I have had so much going on here lately that I can't hardly remember to breathe let along remember a video lol. I'm sure if I saw it again it would remind me. But, lets see how it does. Just don't lift up off the ground until you know the tail is going to hold.

Tony

Staff member
From what I could tell in teh video, it was reversed. Even though I couldn't see it that well since the camera panned away as soon as it started moving.

Ok Mr Tony. I got the tail working correctly with my Tx. The gyro settings 0 n 1. I got 0 above 50 at 70 ish and 1 at below 50.
What exactly does changing these parameters mean up or down. I know HH locks in the tail.
It's still spinning a little but more control in 0 position. She's still not right....

Top Bottom