Other Turnigy 9XR set up for Fly Bar heli

Aigars

Hey, I've gone a long way since my last post.

I figured out my :):):):)-up with controlls. In radio setup - controlls - next to mode selector - you'll find Thr, Ail, Ele, Rud listed, once you click on one of them it becomes selected with a black marking around it. I came across this before I charged my LiPo, was just traveling around menus to see what else there is. And when I went over this selection I realised that one of the, is selected and the rest are not selected, I assumed :)) that once it's selected it is activated, so I selected them all, obviously it's nowhere to be found that once you select this it will go reverse. Damn I was jumping up and down once I discovered this, funny enough I discovered it in the same way.

So you'll be pleased to hear that I have rearranged my channel arrangement to the one you have suggested and guess what, it resolved that stupid binding problem and my throttle cut works now. I got everything working as it should, I have set up my own throttle, pitch curves and got to the testing mode and run into another problem.

My rudder goes only one way
This is what I have in mixer menu under channel 4 and 5
CH4 100 Rud
CH5 65 Rud !GEA
+ -50 P3 GEA

I understand the rest of the mixes however this one is still a misterry to me, I guess it's something to do with gyro gain and P3 regulates gyro gain. Also GEAR switch is flipping from rate mode to heading hold mode, but please shed some light as I'm just talking stuff I read in other forums. I have flipped gear switch and turned the P3 backwards forwards during heli operating half throttle and tail only turns right when right rudder input is given, on the positive side otherwise tail it rock solid

Hope you can help me again

Thanks

murankar

Staff member
Congrats on your mile stone.

For channel 4 you have the raw tail output. You have 100 as your Max travel in normal direction. That can Max out at 120.

Channel 5 is the gain setting of the gyro. You have it at 65 currently. The sub entry is for your rate and head hold modes. The -50 is telling the radio that on half if the gear switch is used. The gain value is set by P3 pot (knob 3) and th output is on the gear channel. Know currently your knob is set at 65.

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like your missing the +50 entry that ends in !gea.
Should look like this :
+ 50 P3 !GEA

Aigars

Sorted it

I added another line in mixers menu with +50 P3 !GEA and there was no change, I thought maybe it's the gyro and I reset
It, adjusted all the end points. There was no change, actually it went worse, heli started to spin round in circles. I did the reset of gyro 2 more times and now I got my tail working correctly. I'm happy with the end result, I'm not so happy about the fact that I don't know if this is luck or I actually do understand what is going on.
I should be able to switch from HH mode to rate mode and my gyro should indicate that with a led light changing colour. I got a spartan quark. Currently it's sitting in violet so HH mode and if I flick the GEA switch it should go into rate and led should turn red, but it doesn't.
Also with P3 I should be able to adjust gyro gain, there is no difference whatsoever if I turn that knob. I got my heli bolted down to a chair that spins round and I pushed it to half throttle to check how the tail works, at that point I checked what happens with P3 if I turn it, there is no difference.
What am I doing and what should I be doing?
I reckon I'll take it flying for the first time tomorrow :poidh:

murankar

Staff member
Are you sure you are turning the right knob?

Come to think of it your main line for channel 5 has a hard number, so that's probably why it is not changing.

KLA

Hey Uri, just thought I'd let you know that I got my 9XR Pro set up to fly my Blade 230S. Figuring out how to program the mixes for the SAFE system with all 3 flight modes and the "OH :):):):)" switch was the difficult part. But finally got it working properly. The other problem I had was getting it to bind properly. Come to find out, after a bunch of research, I had to reverse the throttle channel for the heli to recognize 0 throttle and bind properly. It said in the 230S manual that when using a Futaba TX with a Spektrum module the throttle channel needs reversed. Since Turnigy uses the same channel order as Futaba I tried reversing the throttle and it bound the first time. Go figure!!!

murankar

Staff member
I didn't know the 9xr was based on Futaba, good to know. I have had to reverse the throttle on my Photos mini and my X3 after the initial build. I had a scorpion esc on the mini and a castle on the X3. Both of those needed a reversed throttle on the radio. Glad you figured it out.

KLA

Yeah, it just took some playing around with it. At first I couldn't get it to bind properly with my 230S, then I saw that little note in the manual. Reversed the throttle and it bound the first time. After that everything else was pretty easy.

- - - Updated - - -

And if I'm not mistaken, I think the ESC on the 230s is actually made by Castle.

Top Bottom