Chargers Turnigy 4x6S 400watt Lithium Polymer Battery Charger

Tony

Staff member
Make it portable? From that picture on that page, it comes with the alligator clips to connect to your car battery. Boom, portable :biggrin1:

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
I was just looking over the specs for my Thunder Power charger and I didn't see anything that referred to "watts." Maybe I'll just stick with my charger for the time being. It's simple to use and it works. Yes, it takes nearly an hour to charge my 6S lipo's most of the time, but it works. I just haven't gotten a grasp on understanding watts, amps, volts, and such (gosh I really wish I had paid more attention in high school, lol).

LOL..Me too. I just need a good 6s charger and i am about to pull my hair out.

Derek

Hi there buddy! Currently I have the Thunder Power TP610C-ACDC. It's a great charger. It will charge lipo's (up to 6S), LIFE batteries, NmHi, and various others. I think this charger cost me $120 US but it really is a great charger. I was just looking over the chargers that will charge multiple batteries from the same unit.

Westy

LEGEND
This is the one most people are going for now. Turnigy Fatboy 8 1300W Workstation Charger Westy has this coming. Its a copy of the Power Lab 8, which is considered the ultimate in chargers. I'm waiting for his review on it as i'm needing a new charger since my Voltz one packed in on me during the first charge of my new 6S batteries. All 4 were over charged and damaged. Have emailed Voltz a number of times now with no reply :( But the company oi bought it from did reply immediatly and offered a replacement. So shame on you Voltz, and good on you Midlands Helicopters.

No I got the Mega 400 Turnigy! and a 17V 600w PSU ....

Both are great ... .however the fans are as noisey as all hell ..... I pulled them out and stripped them down and put some decent lithium on them.

I have a 6x Parallel board and can charge upto 6 x 6s batteries at once.

The Downsize of the PSU is it does not quite put out enough grunt and will only punch out a continuous 16Amps !!! But that is good enough for me and my budget.

I have been using it for about 3 months solid and it as had a thrashing!!!!! I have run over 150 battery charges on it of all different types including LIFE Batteries..... I even charge my 1s 3.7v Lithium batteries for my new quad .... does the whole lot in 25 mins! (5 or them)

Does 2 6s 5000 batteries in 41 mins ... and 3 or my Nano Tech 4500 in about 100 mins.... they seem to take a while longer to balance up..... On rapid charge it is heaps quicker!

Does a 2200MAH in 12 mins - 17 mins depending on the balance needed..... sits on 0.1amps for ages to trickle charge the cells at the end.

Last edited:

Stambo

I got this from Hobby King and I love it. It charges everything from my 1s 120mah V911 batteries to my 6s 3000 nanotecs.
Being able to charge 1s on 1 channel and 6s on the other at the same time is really handy.
The one let down, like Westy's one is the noisey fan. But I can take care of that.
The only limitation is the modified pc power supply that I use to power it can't keep up if I ask too much from the charger.
I can only drag about 30 amps before things start getting upset.
It also has a USB output that I use to charge my phone and various other devices.

T200WDUAL(1).jpg

T200WDUAL(1).jpg

Westy

LEGEND
how many amps will yours product Constant.?

I got this:

HK600W.jpg

Pumps out 16Amps Continuous.

Top Bottom