Trucks Truck value

bigone5500

Well he tried to start it and it wouldn't even pull the fuel into the carburetor. I offered $75 but he wouldn't go for it. I'll not go any higher. I asked what his minimum would be, he said $150.

Oh well.

Tony

Staff member
Not worth it. It's going to need the carb rebuilt, more than likely a piston and sleeve as well as all of the other work like I did in the videos. You have a weeks worth of work and still have to spend about $150 on top of the cost of the truck. Not worth it.

ChopDrifter

I had a truck given to me(free) similar looking to that. Reason he gave it to me was because it was gathering dust. It worked well. I used it a bit then I donated it to charity, I knew then I was a heli guy.

Tony

Staff member
In all reality, everything is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. I just know it's going to take a lot of labor to get that truck in top running shape so that you are not over stressing the engine. It is what it is.

bigone5500

The guy has decided to go ahead and sell the truck to me. I'll get it tomorrow and give it a good cleaning and see if I can get the motor to start. It's a Tmaxx 2.5 upgraded to the 3.3 engine so it should have some decent power assuming it wasn't mistreated. I think the price I'm going to pay for it is pretty good seeing a new one is over $500. Other than the truck being an AM Tx/Rx and the wheels aren't in good condition, it should overall be a good vehicle.

Tony

Staff member
wow, took him long enough. Probably just long enough to overheat the living hell out of the engine and strip out the steering servo lmao.

bigone5500

I think whatever repairs I need to do to it will equate just about right. He and his buddy used to race them so at worst I'll have to put a new piston and sleeve in the motor and do a break in.

bigone5500

Man, I need a couple acres of land to build a track....Man, I need a good buddy that has a couple acres of land so I can build a track on it...Man, I need a good buddy that has a couple acres of land with a track already on it...yeah, that's it...

Top Bottom