Trucks Truck value

Tony

Staff member
The one that I have sitting here? About $3.50... lmao.

Depends on if it runs. Not running needing a lot of work, probably $50. Fully running in perfect condition, $250. Or, you could donate it to RCH so that I can get these friggin videos shot since this truck is giving me fits around every corner lmao.

bigone5500

A guy I work with has one that he wants to sell. He has had it a while and bought it second hand. It's been ran pretty good. I will look at it and get some photos. Maybe I'll offer $100.

bigone5500

Ok here is some info on the truck. It hasn't been ran for 2 years. It looks to have so.e engine leakage. It's an AM unit. The tires are dry rotting. The shell(?) has been cut on. The wiring is in not so good condition. The connectors to the starter motor are very loose. The inside is very dirty. He has new skid plates for the front and back (I think that's what they are called) made from aluminum.

Here are some photos.

20170921_074057.jpg

20170921_074104.jpg

20170921_074109.jpg

20170921_074128.jpg

20170921_074135.jpg

20170921_074254.jpg

20170921_074332.jpg

20170921_074401.jpg

20170921_074411.jpg

20170921_074504.jpg

Tony

Staff member
That is about typical for these trucks. That is one of the newer ones as well with the gray plastic instead of black, and it has lettering in it. Did you turn the engine over to see if it had compression? A piston and sleeve for that engine is $50. Those tires have been run a lot on concrete, but they should still be usable for bashing around. The engine leaking, that is normal, unless fuel is just pouring out of it (usually the front bearing) when it is running. Get a new Tx and toss that one in the trash. Check all of the servos, the steering strips out quite often on these because people take the servo saver off of them all the time thinking it hinders "performance".

Tony

Staff member
It's all going to depend on if the engine needs a rebuild, if the servos are good, what the inside of the trans and diff's look like. Sight unseen, $50. Max $125 with a truck that has not been taken that good of care of. Going to need to follow along with my T-Maxx videos to clean this thing up and get it running properly.

bigone5500

I'll offer $75 then. He says it runs but hasn't for 2 years. I think it won't run but will need an overhaul.

Tony

Staff member
If he never put after run oil in it, then you are going to need to do some work to the engine. Methanol absorbs water, and water rusts metal (bearings & crankshaft) and corrodes aluminum.

bigone5500

It does have the 3.3 engine on it. I have noticed the steering servo has some issue with it. I'm not sure what it could be but there seems to be some binding in it somehow. A couple of the wheel bearings are shot. What can I turn and see if the motor is any good?

Tony

Staff member
Just turn the flywheel. When looking at the engine from the front where the clutch is, turn the engine counter clock wise. You should feel a good pop when you come over the compression stroke.

Tony

Staff member
It shouldn't turn easily. It should have high compression making it hard to turn. And it looks like the servo saver is loose or bad.

Top Bottom