600 Trex600 rudder

Rikrik51

Hi nearly finished ar 7210 set up but rudder only centers from right back to center not from left! Help please! :waa:

Tony

Staff member
Is your tail in heading hold mode or rate mode? And make sure in the tail setup menu that you setup both directions and waited for the light to flash before doing the second one or clicking out of the setup menu.

Rikrik51

Hi Tony I presume the amount of gyro gain determines which mode your in or do you actually select it another way?

Tony

Staff member
Fantastic. I ask because different Tx use different gyro menus. On the DX9, you will want to set your rudder to about +45 to start with and see what it does when flying. I have had great luck with this setting and most of my heliotropes are still on this setting. Make sure in that gyro menu you have the 45% set, usually the top selection, your channel needs to be gear and you can assign any switch to it that you want. I usually do the flap switch on the older Tx's but can't remember the switch number off the top of my head. It's the long one on the face top left. round. Let me know if this helps at all.

Rikrik51

Tnx Tony just one more question done the gyro gain in trans got flashing lights then solid purple on ar7210 but still only centers from 1 side will it return more when it's in the air?

Tony

Staff member
If you have full deflection in each direction, it 'should' be fine. If when you move the rudder stick it only moves in one direction, then there is an issue with the tail setup somewhere.

Rikrik51

Ok Tony tnx very much for your time my friend,again think your videos are brilliant,
Kind regards,
Richard Atter.

Tony

Staff member
It's my pleasure Richard. Let me know how the first flight goes. I would get it up into a hover over smooth ground only an inch or so and make sure that rudder works before taking it all the way up.

Rikrik51

Hi Tony tail worked just fine till tail linkage came loose and put me into ground,gonna have take more time over working on models,ordered 450 dominator to practice with ,it know there no as stable but parts are so much cheaper

Rikrik51

The ball link on the servo arm ,now managed to get a nut on back,trashed blades landing gear and bent the pin that runs throgh centre gear in swash servo ,the last crash (which was worse) bent the same pin in the other 2 swash servos (again the gears were ok) had to order rebuild kits from your country and incurred import tax which I didn't count on,measured these pins at 1.59 mm been struggling to find any rod to suit hence ordering those kits ,ones from everywhere else just have gears in them but ordered some ss 1.5 mm to try,is this a common problem?,by the way got pheonix 5.5 but gonna but too late for me to get on tonight,
Regards,
Rick.

Tony

Staff member
No, bending the pins inside the servos is not that common from what I know. This is the first time I have heard of it. And we do Sim Sundays on Sunday. Can't do it every night although I'm sure Geena would lmao.

Rikrik51

My bad ,bank holiday Monday in uk my dumb ass was thinking it was sunday lol,thanks for your time as always buddy,gonna stick 3gx what came off 600 on 450 when it's built so will be glued to your videos matey

Tony

Staff member
The 450 Dom is a great little kit. I have the frame, but I'm still running stock 450 blades and tail. Love the extra room in the frame and how the battery mounts. You will like the 450. And soon I will be putting the 3GX into the Dom of mine and seeing if I can get the best all around tune for it to keep it flying and keep it from tipping over. It's going ot be a while though sadly.

Top Bottom