250 Trex250 3GX FDC with DX8 Radio

Al3000

I have recently (2 mounth ago) strated building my 2nd heli , the first one was trex 450 sport and the 2nd is my 250 fdc .Everything went smooth until i reach to 3GX. There is no blinking light at all when i first treid to bind with dx8 something came out for a while , some light and i thought that,s it .But the problem just started and looks like my 3gx is dead i have checked all the cables batteries so on ..but no light no nothing ...try to bind it again and again nothing happens.try to link it with software on my laptop .linking faild. does anyone have experienced such a problem?Please help if you know something. thanks
2 sets of sat is connected

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ok this is just going off a hitch... Have you tried with just one satellite? With your bind plug inserted in the "bind" port on your 3gx.. And only one sat connected, when you power your esc on with the battery, does the sat start blinking fast?

You can connect the esc signal wire to anywhere on the 3gx but the bind port for now. Just checking that this is exactly what you did :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Al3000

Ok this is just going off a hitch... Have you tried with just one satellite? With your bind plug inserted in the "bind" port on your 3gx.. And only one sat connected, when you power your esc on with the battery, does the sat start blinking fast?

You can connect the esc signal wire to anywhere on the 3gx but the bind port for now. Just checking that this is exactly what you did :)

Thanks for the reply .as you said the sat start blinking fast .i treid with one sat nothing happend just a servo (ail) moved a bit.this is weird.still no light nothing.

Tony

Staff member
if the sat was blinking fast, then you need to go ahead and bind it again. Just start the process all over again.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
And remove the bind plug after done rebinding and doing a power cycle... :)

Al3000

And remove the bind plug after done rebinding and doing a power cycle... :)

it is funny if i say that i have bind almost 15 time just try different positions and stuff..... and yes i have also remove the bind plug afterward. It just doesn,t want to work , i have spend the hole my friday making this to work , no luck. thanks again for feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

i.m not giving up...

- - - Updated - - -

yet...

Tony

Staff member
Never give up. This is just a hobby and sometimes you just have to walk away for a while. Trust me, just ask the people on this site. I gave up on this hobby and almost sold this website. I'm thankful that I didn't because this is a blast. And now I'm building a 600 nitro. It's just fun, and when it's not fun, make it fun.

You will get it, it will just take some time.

BOKI

you can't be the type to quit if your in RC because you will always have to repair or do maintenance on something! Nice job Tony! :lol: :twothumbsup:

stokke

Remember; the 3GX will not show any sign of life unless ALL wires are connected - including servos.

Tony

Staff member
Not true Stokke. I can get mine to come on with just the satellites and the battery plug. No servos plugged in at all. Maybe mine is weird.

stokke

Not true Stokke. I can get mine to come on with just the satellites and the battery plug. No servos plugged in at all. Maybe mine is weird.

Nah, yours is not weird. I can do that on mine too - but on the initial attempt (never bound before - virgin :D ) I believe it needs to be all wired up. Or, at least that's what I found when building my 450.

Tony

Staff member
I have it on video when I bound my DX8 to the 3GX with two satellite's and battery. Maybe I should redo it and put the servos on it.... Might cause some issues with some members.

stokke

Then again - I didn't have a clue when I was wiring my 450, so I might be incorrect. But I always give this advise when people cannot power on their 3GX.

Al3000

succes....merry christmas everyone thanks to all for your support. I finally could make that darn 3gx work.yes Hard work and not to quit is the key to succes...Now all i need is regulating those servos and clean up wires well still some miner weirdness ,and those might be my missing knowledge about the wonderfull worlds of rc helicopter.... but at least i,m happy that everything is working and i don,t have to returne anything back. so let,s fly budeis

I have recently (2 mounth ago) strated building my 2nd heli , the first one was trex 450 sport and the 2nd is my 250 fdc .Everything went smooth until i reach to 3GX. There is no blinking light at all when i first treid to bind with dx8 something came out for a while , some light and i thought that,s it .But the problem just started and looks like my 3gx is dead i have checked all the cables batteries so on ..but no light no nothing ...try to bind it again and again nothing happens.try to link it with software on my laptop .linking faild. does anyone have experienced such a problem?Please help if you know something. thanks
2 sets of sat is connected

I know its kinda of a late reply but were you using a 6 channel reciever?. I took the servo lead it came with and took off the white wire and added the red and black to the purple signal wire (to power up the 3GX) and the other end hooked in to battery out on the 3GX, worked great for my recent trex 250 pro dfc build.

Al3000

hi every one and Tony sorry for not to reply some of your nice postes on time but i haven,t had flown my heli yet , cuz of the wethear mostly and secondly i ran through the problem recently with 3gx i have updatetd to vr.3 and everything seemed to worked well until when i move the stickes cycleic for all the servos the 3gx stop working and restarts itself.somebody please help me. there are no binding at all and i turn the E-ring on but still when i move the stickes just as fast the 3gx stoppes .change the battery ....not helping...i appriciate any comment.

Tony

Staff member
I would turn the E-Ring off, it's meant for flybared heli's to keep the flybar from binding up. Are you sure your batteries are fully charged? Check the voltage coming out of the ESC and into the Rx. If it goes below 4.5 volts, it will restart like this.

Top Bottom