For Sale: Trex 600 DFC head Upgrade

Tony

Staff member
Without seeing it, I have no idea if it will work or not. This will be one of those things that you just have to buy and try.

DAL2855

Banned
Tony, could you get me a diameter and thickness on the 600 Gears? If I have to, I might have to run the Trex gears on this shaft since it has the smaller diameter at the bottom where the gears go onto the shaft. The original shaft is one diameter the entire length of the shaft and is the same diameter as the Trex shaft at the top where the head slides down onto the shaft so the shaft diameter is the same, just the smaller base where the gears go on will be the only issue. I can always shorten the top length of the Trex shaft and re-drill the top hole to correct length since the one I found is longer. Just hope that the Trex gears are the same diameter as the original ones!

Tony

Staff member
It's going to be a while before I can get those measurements. I will have to pull the head out of it to remove the main gear. The shaft is 10mm at the top, and 9mm at the bottom that goes into the one way bearing.

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah I figured that much out Tony, but hey if someone has a standard 600 FBL head that they would be willing to swap for this DFC head, I would be more than willing! The standard FBL head will work without any modifications!

DAL2855

Banned
I just got it figured out Tony how to put the DFC head on the 600! I fitted it on the bird finally,(which I should have done to begin with) the original main shaft is about 10-12mm too long for the DFC head, I checked the swashplate travel up and down, all I gotta do is shorten the original main shaft and re-drill the bolt hole through it and I got it done!

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like you need the FL main shaft. It has a moveable collar which I don't like, but it's about a cm shorter than the stock head. In order, it's standard, FL, DFC going from longest to shortest. At one time, I had all 3 in this house lol. But sold the standard with the 3G head.

DAL2855

Banned
I don't even need to change the shaft Tony, I fitted the head onto the original shaft to see where it sat, and figured it out that all I need to do is shorten it about 18mm and re-drill the hole for the bolt to go through and I'm done, bolt the head on! I checked the travel of the swashplate and it will still have plenty of room to travel all the way up without hitting the bottom of the head so that was all I need to do to convert it over. Now all I need to do is order the blade grips and swash plate for the 600 DFC. All three of those main shafts are still for sale as I don't need them for this build! If someone needs them just make me an offer on them! I have two Nitro DFC shafts and one electric DFC main shaft!

Top Bottom