500 Trex 500 with Tarot ZYX FBL unit

Lee

Two quick flights to check, and all is good so far. Not that i pushed it, only hovering. Swash gain is a bit high so i'm back home to set it up and go back out. One weird thing since the tail ejection. When i first spooled up the tail servo/gyro were reversed????
I'm off again to give it some more punishment. Wish me luck :)

Lee

Ok i'm back with a heli still in one piece :D Got bad cyclic wobble so reduced the total swash gain to 25 from the default 35, seems to have worked. Now i just have a slight nodding in FFF but...
Punch outs locked in, slow funnels ok, but when i went for a backwards loop the tail spun 180º
Need to figure what setting to change to stop the tail blowing out.

Derek

I just watched this video, Lee, because I am getting more and more curious about getting a flybarless setup for my 500. Your heli, in this video, looked great...despite the boom support issues.

I loved your wife's technical opinion at the end. That was great!

Lee

The Tarot is a good unit for the price, but after you put a beastX up against it, there is no comparison. Obviously theres a big difference in price, but as they always say, you get what you pay for.

Derek

That's awesome! I'll be looking into that. After I get my big plane project done, of course, lol

Top Bottom