500 Trex 500 with Tarot ZYX FBL unit

Lee

Hope this is interesting enough to watch. i had some help at the end from the technician (wife) :)
I have some more exciting flying in my next video being edited now.
Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
65 percent in the remote or in the gyro ?? if you were changing on the remote.. that wont make it change.. (just in case :) )

also.. what values are your rc and gyro dead bands at ? if default.. your heli is gonna be really really sloppy.. dont know how you felt here.. but for sure I know if you change those to a much lower value (10 and 4) , you will immediately see the difference in the hold..

also.. one more thing.. if you havent tried yet... a flat throttle curve with a higher HS is recommended for a perfect hold on this gyro. looks like its doing great... :) sucks about that stupid tail boom support .lol

lemme know how I can help in tuning this. lol last part was funny. :D :D

Lee

65% on the TX does work. If you set the unit to 100% tail gain you can then use the radio to adjust it. It worked for me anyway. I adjusted the P gain on Ele/Aile from default 80 to 70 and the wobble almost disappeared. I think most people with 500's have it around 65.
I will play with the dead band next windless day to get t more crisp as you suggest Gaba. But when you see my next video, i think you'll see it was handling pretty well.
Celias help was invaluable :)

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
It's just great she's out there supporting you. Looks like you were having fun ... besides, when she's there, you won't feel like you're talking to yourself while making the video, lol :chuckles: (If it's any consolation, my wife would have about as much constructive input :biggrin1:)

Tony

Staff member
That's twice you have lost that boom support lol. Looks like it still has a little elevator wobble but nothing too bad. Great flight.

Lee

What happened was, the first one broke at the metal end. This then allowed the other one to vibrate and come loose. It actually came of as i was doing a cuban roll. I didn't see a thing but Celia notice it. We had a look in the long grass but it was too deep to find such a small carbon rod. No worries i have two spares :)

Lee

Well today was a mixture of emotions. Had two great flights, did my first big heli piroflips. So easy compared to the MCPX. But before you ask, no i don't have video. We are having issues with internet :( So no uploading for a while.
I noticed a slight noise at high rpms, so after each flight I checked over the tail and gears but couldn't find any issues. But on the 3rd flight the tail grip sheared off???? I'm getting tired of these tail grip issues. Don't know whats going on. Thats three on the 500 and two on my old 450. I have checked over and over for vibrations and balance . Everything was tight and loctited, smooth and no play, but still its throwing tail grips.
But on a good note, except for that, the only other thing that broke was the main blade plastic link and a servo arm. Not the prettiest auto i've done but hey i'm happy the bird is still in one piece.
Also my Funjet lost a wing on landing by catching the grass a bit quick. Only the glue let go, so the wing is still in one piece. Just needs glueing back on.

Lee

Standard 500 carbon blades balanced. After past problems i took my time setting this tail up but i'm still having hub screws sheering off. At least it didn't fly off mid piro.
So the waiting begins for more spares :(

Tony

Staff member
How tight are you tightening these bolts? maybe it's time to not screw them down as tight and use some red thread lock to hold them in. You won't be able to take them out without heating them up, but you shouldn't sheer them off again.

Lee

I don't over tighten them. I've been reading on other sites tonnes of tail vibe issues with the 500. I want to get the Kasama tail upgrade which has a 3mm bolt hub instead of those little 2mm screws on the Align unit, but it seems no one sell it anymore.
I am going to go through the whole heli to check for vibes while i wait for the new bits. But i think if it was vibes the fbl unit would freak out.

Tony

Staff member
You have me a little worried about the align heli now lol. I guess we will have to wait and see if/when I order it.

Lee

I don't over tighten them. I've been reading on other sites tonnes of tail vibe issues with the 500. I want to get the Kasama tail upgrade which has a 3mm bolt hub instead of those little 2mm screws on the Align unit, but it seems no one sell it anymore.
I am going to go through the whole heli to check for vibes while i wait for the new bits. But i think if it was vibes the fbl unit would freak out.

Lee

New tail arrived today. Full Align pro tail with blades $50 from gonitro hobbies. 6days to my door.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338832940.866889.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338832940.866889.jpg

Lee

Me too. i have loctited everything. Its all running smoothly so let see. Tomorrow is calm :D

murankar

Staff member
I hope I solved my tail issue with this last order. I now have a grassy field to fly in now, so I hope that helps too.

Top Bottom