450 Trex 450l setup

scrc511

Hi Tony, love your help videos and that's what made me register to your website. I'm having a little trouble with my 450L, it's a new kit and been doing just test hovering lately, mainly on normal mode & idle up 1 or 2. The issue I'm having is, it's smooth on normal mode but when I switch to idle up 1 my Heli is getting some shakes/vibrations, switch it back to normal mode & it goes away. Do you have any idea what can contribute to that issue? And on 3GX, to get the exact 8 degrees of cyclic is it done on DIR mode or flight mode? Seen one video from Align person, on DIR mode ELE limit and AIL limit you can adjust it to get to 8d but where do you adjust it from your transmitter, travel adjust? Thanks a lot , and pls help before I sell my 450L lol..

- - - Updated - - -

By the way Tony, as for my transmitter I'm using JR X9503..

Tony

Staff member
The shaking is more than likely because your gain is too high on the gyro pots. Go into your 3GX software and make sure they are both set to 105. If they are set to 105, then lower them by 5 points at a time until the shaking stops.

As for the cyclic movement, you will do it in DIR mode, and you will use your Swash menu to adjust it. The aileron and elevator numbers should be the same, but hte pitch is for your collective. Set the servo arms up to 90º to the links in Sub Trim (again, in DIR mode) then use the Swash menu to adjust the overall pitch of each of the movements.

HOpe this helps.

scrc511

Thanks Tony. I did see the swash menu. So in DIR mode, on ELE & AEL limit while holding the stick and the status blinking I can made the adjustments from the swash menu till I get 8d on both ELE & AEL, correct? Thanks for all your help sir and for saving my Heli, appreciate it very much.

Tony

Staff member
That is correct, and it's my pleasure. If you have any other questions, just post up! We are here to help.

scrc511

With your vivid videos I was able to adjust the tail rudder delay using the 3GX software I just installed. In the software where do I see the 105 / 105 gain you're talking about? Thanks once again sir, appreciate it a lot. I'm having such a blast learning the setup.

Tony

Staff member
The 105/105 will be in the same window as the delay. Just turn the pots on the gyro while you are connected to teh computer and in that same window and you will see one of them move. The Aileron will be "Aileron Sensitivity" and the Elevator will be "Elevator Gain". Don't ask me why they are not both called "Gain" but they are not. Again, this will be in the Setting Display window on teh 3GX software while you have the helicopter connected to it. Hope this helps.

scrc511

I did see those settings, and the old settings was one of them on 97 I believe the AEL & ELE on 115. I set them both for now on a 100. On 3GX, whenever you go to DIR menu to check your settings or made adjustments, do you need to go to each parameters in order for it to keep the settings as far as setting your servos to 90d?

Tony

Staff member
You should be good on the settings as long as you have not changed anything in the Tx. If moving the pots is all you did, then it should not affect anything else.

scrc511

Thank you sir. I'll keep you posted if those settings takes away the issue I'm having with the Heli. I ordered a new swash plate cause I accidentally ruined the thread for the elevator, should have it by Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm really hoping those settings work so that I can enjoy my T450L already.

Tony

Staff member
Just remember to use some thread lock and don't over tighten it. Just snug. But everyone has to learn the breaking point sometime. I know I have lol.

scrc511

Yes indeed sir. I've flown and setup a much bigger Heli, T600 & T550..I have flown and setup the previous 450 models but I noticed the new 450L is very sensitive into how you setup your FBL system. But I guess in my case is still a learning process, much to learn.

Tony

Staff member
Your right about that, there is a LOT to learn in this hobby, and it can be overwhelming at first. Just stick with it and ask questions and you will have it in no time.

scrc511

As for my Tx setting. I know it's important to get your numbers as low as possible when placing your servos at 90d. My sub trim for AEL L 20, ELE D 24, and PITCH L 20. Did my best to get them as low as possible. I have JR X9503, for my Gyro sense, POS 0 70%, POS 1 67% and POS 2 65%. My throttle curve, 0 40 60 70..sixty being at mid stick, stunt 1 75% across the board & 80% across the board for stunt 2. Pitch curve, 35 50 100..fifty at mid stick, linear curve for stunt 1&2. Pls tell me if those values are ok, if u have a better values pls do share. Thanks again Mr Tony.

scrc511

Just to give you an update. With regards to my Heli & 3GX setup, so far so good. Can't believe that I was able to make it work and perform pretty much like the AR7200! I hovered it around in front of my garage and it feels so lock-in. At first there's still that vibes that sounded like an owl lol making noise but went away after hovering with my second pack. Guess it's a matter of just setting the right gain, my last adjustment was I set it to 105/105 and left it alone for now, but my last hover was great both on normal mode and idle up..Thank you so much! Can't wait to take it out in the field, see how it handles some fast forward flights. You're right, 3GX is not as bad like what they're making it to be, with proper setup it does perform like any other good FBL system out there.

scrc511

Hi Tony,
Did a couple of flights in the field today. First flight, about a minute to two mins left in the pack the vibes came back. Second flight, zero vibes smooth as silk. I sent my radio to Horizon today for a health check.

scrc511

Tony, what's your suggestion as far as tail gain when using 3GX FBL unit and JR X9503 radio? I believe mine currently set at 70% normal mode, 67% up 1 & 65% up 2..what are your thoughts on those values? Thanks

scrc511

Tony, with regards to my Tx I should have it back tomorrow from Horizon. You told me to give you an update with the radio, they re-calibrated both gimbals and replaced the RF control. Horizon said that they found the RF control somewhat weak so they replaced it. Will see how it works now with my 450L..

Top Bottom