450 Trex 450l setup

scrc511

Hi Tony, just an update. Got my radio back from Horizon, they re-calibrated both Gimbals and replaced the RF Control. Re-bound it to my 450L and the first spool up normal and idle up, got the vibes on both modes. Found out that on the 450L you can't have the main blades too tight, loosen it and tightened it enough with small amount of resistance when you move each blades, snug fit..and the vibes are gone. Did the same thing today couple of hovered flights and zero vibes.Still using the 3GX, I was gonna pick the Vbar this weekend but the way it is right now don't think I need to. Thanks again for all your help.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah the 3GX is a good gyro if you can get rid of all of the vibes and get it off the ground quick enough.

scrc511

Tony, I'm in a process of getting a new radio or thinking of getting one still debating. Nothing's wrong with my 9503 but with JR changing things around don't know. What advice can you give me? Can't decide whether just hang on to what I have now or get a new one, and if I do thinking of Futaba 14SG.

Regards,
Ricky

Tony

Staff member
That is completely up to you on teh decision. If you go with futaba, just know there are very few people on here that use them.

Tony

Staff member
DX8, DX9 would be my choice. DX18 if you think you need that many channels. I know spektrum so that is what I stick with. JR went to DMSS which is not compatible with DSM2 or DSMX which JR used to use and spektrum still uses. All of your BNF planes and heli's will be dsm2 or dsmx.

scrc511

I've decided to keep my 9503. Close family friend of mine whom JR sponsored told me that my radio actually is a very good radio. That being side, the money I was gonna use to buy a new radio I went ahead and bought a Mini Vbar for my 450L. With JR going to DMSS, my next choice of radio if ever I still want to upgrade would be either, DX9 like you said or JR XG14. Thanks for all your Tony, I learned so much about 3GX with your vivid videos out there.

Regards,
Ricky

Top Bottom