1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

450 Trex 450 Pro.

Discussion in 'Helicopters' started by Rob Lancaster, May 30, 2019.

< Tail Servo For 470lm Align Trex | Tgz380 Puts Blades At An Awkward Angle After Initializing >
  1. Rob Lancaster

Rob Lancaster Member

Hi guys, hey when did the Align Trex 450 Pro first come out? (flybar version)

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

I want to say it was around 2009. Maybe a little earlier. I build my Pro V2 in 2012. I'm sure it's in the wiki, but I have a VERY hard time reading a wiki because of all of the links, hashtags, @'s and all of the other crap they throw in there to link to other pages, call out twitter, call out facebook and so on lol.

3. Rob Lancaster

Rob Lancaster Member

I think your right on the money.
    On the very last page of the manual I found a date, 2010 Feb. I thought it was older than that, cool...

4. Tony

That is still 10 years old lol. Look at the jump between the SE V2 to the Pro, then look at the Pro to todays Align helicopters. I think the large strides are long gone and now it's about perfecting them. And I'm not just talking about Align here. SAB IMO is taking this stuff to the next level, but we will see how long it lasts. The Kraken is stupid expensive lol.

5. Rob Lancaster

Rob Lancaster Member

Ha! Your right again... I must be that I'm on Hawaiian kine time..
    I'll have a look at SAB and stuff. Never heard of them...
    Hey good to see your still with us!

6. Tony

You have not heard of SAB? They are the makers of the Goblin helicopters. Great helicopters to say the least.

7. Rob Lancaster

Rob Lancaster Member

I told you, I live in Hawaii. The only Sab I know of is a Sweetish car thing.. HA! Links??

8. Tony

9. Rob Lancaster

Rob Lancaster Member

HA! LOL!!!

10. Rob Lancaster

Rob Lancaster Member

OMG!! Oh no way man, If I take off and land I'm stile ling, he he hee...

11. Tony

I have a Goblin 380 behind me that I need to get "Kraken" on lmao. I really want to fly this helicopter, but I'm a little worried lmao.

12. Rob Lancaster

Rob Lancaster Member

What you worried about? I have faith in you..

13. Tony

In crashing it of course. But, need to finish the build first. Next up, Wire Management.

14. Rob Lancaster

Rob Lancaster Member

Oh man I just had a look at one of these videos, all I can say is,,, I see it but don't believe it. That's CGI man...
    But seriously, my mind could never deal with that incredibly fast action. Some people are truly blest with fantastic skill!

15. Tony

You must have watched Tareq lmao. That dude is on another level compared to us 'earthlings'...

16. Rob Lancaster

Rob Lancaster Member

Truly mind bending!!!
    I'm still winding down from that one...

17. Tony

I remember an Alan Szabo Jr. video a long time ago where he was smacking the hell out of the helicopter, and the most popular comment on that video was someone saying that it was impossible for that helicopter to do what they were showing in the video. If only he could see the helicopters of today lol.

18. Rob Lancaster

Rob Lancaster Member

Yup, digital technology makes it all possible...

19. murankar

murankar Moderator Staff Member Armed Forces

Soldier
    SAB is designing the heck out infuriated platforms. We shall see what happens in the next few months or year with this new design. The price will drop just not right now. Its going to be about year be for the price drops.

Lynx / Oxy as a company is killing it up to the 380 class. They have done some really nice things with the smaller designs.

Align and Gaui are just chugging along improving their tried and tested designs.

We have some new comers that I have not seen or heard much from. So who knows what's going to happen with them.

As for the old 450 pro, it was the absolute go to heli in that time frame. GAUI was still struggling with QC issues and had an agreement with IRCHA for their 500. N it sure what the price break was but they none the less teamed up with IRCHA to sell kits. Going into 2011 the SE V2 and Pro were probably the most cloned helis in the market. My first 450 was an EXI brand cloned trex 450. Not sure what's next on the horizon for the next big align design.

20. Rob Lancaster

Rob Lancaster Member

Hi murankar..
    The reason I asked was,,, remember way back last year when I said there was a Align Trex Pro at my LHS? No?? Oh well there is and I wanted to take all the electronics off of my HK450GT clone and use it all on the Trex. Besides the parts for the Trex are still available. And I'm no crack sticker...

< Tail Servo For 470lm Align Trex | Tgz380 Puts Blades At An Awkward Angle After Initializing >