450 Trex 450 Pro.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I notice that no one mention another 450 clone that I have which I like and haven't had any problem with is the Tarot 450 DFC :)

Rob Lancaster

Hey guys, I knew I saw this guy before. Tarot 450 Pro Carbon Fiber Basic Kit [FYTL20003] - US$32.97 : Miracle Mart, RC Helicopters, RC Cars, RC Planes, Parts for Cars, Parts for Helicopters, RC Accessory, Xtreme Production, Atomic, Spec-R and More

Ok tell it to me strait. lol... How does this Tarot compare to the Align Trex 450 Pro?

Also are the parts interchangeable??

I found that the head parts on the HK450GT 450 clone were NOT compatible with the Align Trex 450 SE-V2..
Thanks guys.
Rob...

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Rob. That's Tarot is a lot cheaper price then then the Tarot I have https://hobbyking.com/en_us/tarot-450-pro-v2-dfc-flybarless-helicopter-kit-tl20006-black.html The Tarot is a clone to the Align and yes it's parts are interchangeable to Align. That's one of the reason I bought it plus it was cheaper in price compare to the Align. The one your showing is a way better price. Like I mention, I like mine and haven't had any problem with it since I bought it way back when and I still have it :). IMG_4288.JPG Since I bought the Gaui X3L, that frame is going into a 450 scale fuselage that I'm almost done painting.

Rob Lancaster

What's happening D.O.G...
Yeah it is a great price for sure; to bad their on back order; DOH!! I guess at that price they won't last long.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
What's up Rob. Yeah at that price...here one minute, gone the next :(. If you can wait til it comes back in stock...jump on it! Here's my Tarot 450 at the laundry mat

Rob Lancaster

I can't think of a better way to pass the time than some chopper action while the laundry is going.
Nice video! I need to get out in the open and get my baby inverted again, it's been to long...

namaspilot

Clones will always be of lesser quality than the real thing.
Sometimes the clones are better than the real deal. Take for example I have the 470LM with the new align servos, and those servos has has major slop even when new. Now compare that to the KST 215MG (MKS clone) it's far superior. But in any case I found out in this hobby I tend to crash a lot, all mainly due to my dumb thumbs, having clones helis is much cheaper to learn on. This hobby can be a money pit, if you allow it to.

For example I use to be in a forum where the OPs there hated clones, and they all fly expensive helis. I've watched them through the years crashing their expensive helis until they have no more money left and they all eventually left the hobby. That forum eventually closed down, everyone just left the hobby due to the same reason. This hobby is for the rich people that has money to burn. If you fly like I do, you know what I mean. I say we should welcome everyone regardless if they have clones or the real heli, as there is not many heli pilots left in this hobby.

Rob Lancaster

Oh yes, I agree with you on the money pit part. That's why I always recommend to anyone who what's to learn how to fly a chopper, to get a simulator. I had over 500 hours on my Phoenix Simulator before I had the guts to try the real thing.

After I built my HK450GT clone (Trex 450 SEV2) I took it over to the air park. I wanted someone with experience to give the chopper a good look over before I attempt my first flight. I got the ok so one of the guys walked out with me and took her up to further check it. We made a few program adjustments and then it was time for my first flight. I don't mind telling you I was s#$t'n bricks! The winds were brisk at about 10/20 mph... I took off and turned nose in and hovered in place for awhile. I couldn't believe it! It flies!!!!! I was also hoping I didn't crash right in front of everyone, HA!

My brother was back in the pits and he said all the guys were very impressed at how well my first flight was going. My brother tells them "well he does have hundreds of hours on a sim soooo" LOL! I'm living proof that a sim is worth the time and money. Plus I don't fly crazy 3D.... I've had my 450 clone for about 10 years now and yes I have dumped it 3 times and once the main blades flew off. So I got good at rebuilding it. Thanks to this forum.. But now the parts are hard to find so soon I'll be upgrading to the Trex 450 Pro. Four reasons,, first I like my fly bared heli. Second, the parts are still available. Three, I just upgraded most of the electronics so I already have great electronics for the Trex. Four, and know where I can get one. :twothumbsup: I'm ready but the ole wallet cries for food, lol.....

Anyway welcome to the forum and I tell you what I was told when I joined. We don't care what you fly, as long as your flying... :arms:

namaspilot

Oh yes, I agree with you on the money pit part. That's why I always recommend to anyone who what's to learn how to fly a chopper, to get a simulator. I had over 500 hours on my Phoenix Simulator before I had the guts to try the real thing.

After I built my HK450GT clone (Trex 450 SEV2) I took it over to the air park. I wanted someone with experience to give the chopper a good look over before I attempt my first flight. I got the ok so one of the guys walked out with me and took her up to further check it. We made a few program adjustments and then it was time for my first flight. I don't mind telling you I was s#$t'n bricks! The winds were brisk at about 10/20 mph... I took off and turned nose in and hovered in place for awhile. I couldn't believe it! It flies!!!!! I was also hoping I didn't crash right in front of everyone, HA!

My brother was back in the pits and he said all the guys were very impressed at how well my first flight was going. My brother tells them "well he does have hundreds of hours on a sim soooo" LOL! I'm living proof that a sim is worth the time and money. Plus I don't fly crazy 3D.... I've had my 450 clone for about 10 years now and yes I have dumped it 3 times and once the main blades flew off. So I got good at rebuilding it. Thanks to this forum.. But now the parts are hard to find so soon I'll be upgrading to the Trex 450 Pro. Four reasons,, first I like my fly bared heli. Second, the parts are still available. Three, I just upgraded most of the electronics so I already have great electronics for the Trex. Four, and know where I can get one. :twothumbsup: I'm ready but the ole wallet cries for food, lol.....

Anyway welcome to the forum and I tell you what I was told when I joined. We don't care what you fly, as long as your flying... :arms:

Thanks for the tip, I think I should of bought the simulators first before buying helis. I would of saved a lot of money. I'll be buying Realflight simulator soon. Hopefully if I put enough time in them, it would teach me not to crash that much. I know Crashing is just part of the hobby, but man it doesn't matter if it's clone helis or the real helis, it still can get pricey. Clones tends to be a bit wallet friendly.

Thank you

Rob Lancaster

Yeah, you're putting the cart before the horse.
I highly recommend a simulator first. You won't regret it...
The great thing about a sim is the reset time. You worry about what you did wrong and not so much how much the crash costs. You reset and your right back at it. This is great for actually getting good long training and muscle memory. After awhile your thumbs will develop a sense of what their supposed to do.

Oh and the Real Flight sim is a great sim; go for it!
I need to replace my old Phoenix because it's not compatible with Windows 10... I had about 1500 hours on that babee before my old computer went out and never came back. lol…..
In the mean time, rebuild your baby and train, train ,train…
Good luck,
Rob...

Top Bottom