250 Trex 250 Gyroscopic Wobble

Tony

Staff member
You are definitely right about being fussy and unpredictable. One gyro will run 3.1 perfectly, but another will want to tip horribly on the ground. Then that one that wanted to tip will run 4 or 5 perfectly, but the one that did good on 3.1. Then there are others that hate anything but 2.1, which is why I just say, go with 2.1 lol.

sam

I have the gains down to 95 and it is a lot better. It still gets a little funny ,not rock solid yet but going in the right direction, I'm going to keep trying with 4.0 for now but if all else fails I'll change to 2.1, my laptop is so slow it will take a hour to reload the firmware and I can't get it to run on my desktop.

Tony

Staff member
All that matters is you are making progress. 4 was a weird firmware that had different issues, same with 5. But, if your gyro came with it, it may be fine. Just keep lowering the gains. On a 250, I'm guessing you need to go down to about 80. The 105 was for a 450 but is a good starting point. Keep us updated.

sam

I'm down to 84 now and it fly's pretty good but the tail is not solid yet, It wants to drift a little bit but it is windy and I think a little more tuning it will be ok. Thank you to all that helped . What does the rudder Delay do?

Tony

Staff member
The only time I use rudder delay is if I have a good gyro (3gx has a pretty good tail gyro as long as it is working lol) and a slow tail servo. Something slower than .10. Otherwise, do not run any delay.

Top Bottom