250 Trex 250 Gyroscopic Wobble

sam

I have a 250 t rex dfc I have adjusted all settings as per your u tube video and the Gyro setting in my DX8 radio is 70% the tail is fairly solid but while hovering the whole heli starts gyrating around . It's like you hold the blades and swing the landing gear. I have replaced everything and there is no play anywhere. the blades are tracking perfectly and the swash is centered and level. I have never had any luck with a 3gx but your video made me try one again. Any Help will be appreciated.

Tony

Staff member
Try loading up 2.1 and see if that makes any difference. I don't know that it will since 3.1 has ground issues, not really flying issues. Also, where are your pots located on the face of the gyro? when adjusting the cyclic gain using these pots, the software should read 105 or somewhere close to that to start with.

sam

It did it with 2.1 also but the pots are not adjusted the same and I have not connected to the computer to read there setting. I'll try that and see what they read

sam

I lost the disc and don't have the program on my new computer, where can I find the program , everything I find you need the disc

sam

I have tried installing software from your links and from web site ,the program comes up then gets a error message about incorrect formating and will not connect to heli. my computer is windows 10 and I thing it will not let the program run

Tony

Staff member
Right click the shortcut link (or the program link in program files x86) and select Troubleshoot Compatibility. It should start the program in XP mode.

Tony

Staff member
You can also right click and select properties and there is a tab in there that says Compatibility. I just looked and it seems that Vista is the earliest version you can go to. I thought you could go back to XP but I guess not.

Tony

Staff member
Another thing you can try is Right click and Run As Administrator. In some cases, you may need to INSTALL as admin.

Tony

Staff member
Did you try compatibility mode? I run windows 10 on all of my computers and I have it working.

Does it happen to say something about a missing .dll file?

sam

I have it running on my laptop , can't get it on the desktop but I'll do some tuning and let you know. thanks

sam

There is no cyclic gain adjustment , the ail. gain was real high so I set both pots to 105 and i'll try that,also the 3gx is running 4.0 not 3.1 and I did try compatability mode and no luck on my desktop. my laptop is windows 10 also but verrrry slooow. charging a battery and will try it now. how do you adjust the cyclic gain?

Tony

Staff member
The 105 you set is actually the cyclic gain, it's just worded really weird in the 3GX. Also, get off of 4.0, it is complete crap. Definitely try and put 2.1 on it and try it. You will need to uninstall the program you have now on your computer and install the 2.1 software, then update the gyro. And yes, 2.1 is an UPDATE from 4.0 lol. Sad but true and is the reason those gyros are not around anymore.

Smoggie

There is no cyclic gain adjustment , the ail. gain was real high

As Tony said, 'aileron' and elevator' are the two components of cyclic gain.. If they were set high then that's your problem for sure. On small helis they need to be pretty low, usually you would set them both to the same value.

Funnily enough i had decent results with version 4.0.. it was when i upgraded to V5.0 that mine started acting up. That's one of the annoying things about the 3GX, they are so fussy and unpredictable.

Top Bottom