500 Tomorrow, it flies.

Adam

ya see what the cost for gens ace is csuse I now have three in my possession and love them.

Lee

I used the Turnigy 3000mah packs for two years on my 600 and 500. They did puff a little, but they just kept on going. I just sold 5 of them last week, still going strong. I think my next batteries will be Gens Ace. I have heard great things about them.

Lee

Ah ok, i thought you were just looking for Gens ace not a specific size sorry :D

Tony

Staff member
I have found some Sky Lipo's, adn they are just as good as Gens Ace, just a little more expensive. But, dollar for dollar (or quid for quid :D), you can't beat the Turnigy's.

zenmetsu

Just took the beast outside for the first time. It was gusting to 15mph, but I didn't notice too much of an issue. The sound on my camera was a bit glitchy as well at the start of the video; I suspect that I may need to format my SD card.

The tail kinda went out on me when I did the big collective pump near the end of the video. I immediately brought the collective back down, but didn't over-react and plow it into the ground. :) I was side-in when I did the pump, so it was a bit nerve-wracking for a novice pilot such as myself. Luckily I had my on-board flight computer installed, and currently it monitors rudder (my input) as well as gyro output. I will be able to tell if the gyro failed me, or if I pulled the stick to the left when I punched the collective.

zenmetsu

Flight computer shows that I pulled the rudder to the left when I pushed the collective at around the 4:30 mark. Well, at least I know it wasn't the gyro. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

zenmetsu

Except for the times that I smacked the ground... especially at 5:00... :(

I did go completely nose-in at 5:43, I was standing off to the right of the camera. Starting to get ballsy enough to do more nose-in stuff. Unfortunately with only a single battery pack and 85min per charging cycle, I don't get much time in the air with these short winter days. Hopefully that will change when I drive out to Florida for two weeks on vacation. Santa should be bringing me a pair of batteries for this thing. :)

zenmetsu

Here is the CC ESC log of that one pitch pump that got a little crazy at 4:32. I did another more gradual collective increase a second or so later. Both of these peaks show up in the log. I am happy to note that the RPM didn't even twitch when this happened, except for a slight lagging increase as I assume happened when the rotor became unloaded. But man, look at that current spike.

Also interesting is the sudden drop in temperature, perhaps from the increased airflow from the rotor disk. Good times.

24dec2012.png

24dec2012.png

Last edited:

zenmetsu

On another note, wondering why my attached photos are always so small... they look bigger when other people are posting attachments... >.<

Tony

Staff member
It depends on how you embed them. Smaller photos (which I prefer) take up less server resources as well as the pages load faster with the smaller pics for the slower internet speed users.

Tony

Staff member
In that case, to make large images (600x800, maybe just a hair bigger), all you have to do is click the picture button at the top of the editor and select "From URL". Then insert the URL and click upload. The other way is to put [ img]www.YourLinkHere.com[/img] but don't put the space in the first img block.

zenmetsu

OK, so don't select retrieve file and store locally then? That is what I have been doing, so maybe just uncheck the retrieve button.

- - - Updated - - -

There... I fixed it. :)

What do you make of that governor? Can't wait to get better at flying this thing so that I can really make the motor work.

Tony

Staff member
Retrieve and store locally will put the image in the Rc-Help.com server in an image file. This guarantees if the site it up, the picture will work and will not be deleted. If you uncheck the box, it will be stored wherever you got the link from and not protected by Rc-Help.com.

You can also upload the pictures to your album and use the links that way as well. But yes, if you uncheck the box, it will upload the full size image. All I ask is that you don't make them unusually large. but 150k is a good size. I think most of my photos are about 250k max.

Top Bottom