General Today's flights

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Now that's being prepared!!!! Thats good that your wife is like that. My wife did similar research when we bought our house up here in Pennsylvania. Didn't have to worry about hurricanes but definitely floods and more importantly we have to worry about mine subsidence.

:mad1: We should also worry about this fracking their doing. It's doing more bad then good to the environment :(.

KLA

:mad1: We should also worry about this fracking their doing. It's doing more bad then good to the environment :(.

Well, I kinda have mixed feelings about that. I work in the gas well industry, not drilling or fracking but I'm an excavator operator and truck driver and we build well pads and access roads, and if they put a stop to the fracking I am likely to be out of a job. Now I know that it isn't good for the environment, but, it also isn't quite as bad as everyone makes it out to be. The one thing that I am sure of is that it keeps me working, pays my bills and keeps a roof over my family's head.

Tony

Staff member
Fracking isn't the problem, it's injection wells or waste water wells. In Oklahoma, that is what caused us to have more earthquakes than Cali. Fracking is just fracturing bed rock to release natural gas.

Okay, back on topic.

Rodney, I have not read every single post, but how was the tail servo damaged? What is damaged on it? If it's like mine, then all that is wrong is you need to take it apart and clean the pot. Just an idea.

KLA

Fracking isn't the problem, it's injection wells or waste water wells. In Oklahoma, that is what caused us to have more earthquakes than Cali. Fracking is just fracturing bed rock to release natural gas.

Okay, back on topic.

Rodney, I have not read every single post, but how was the tail servo damaged? What is damaged on it? If it's like mine, then all that is wrong is you need to take it apart and clean the pot. Just an idea.

It's not the actual fracturing of the rock that people are bitching about, but the fluids that are pumped into the ground to force the gas out. They say the fluids are leaking and contaminating the natural ground water.

trainrider06

That's pretty good research! I wouldn't have thought about such things, except flood worries. Down here in Texas that sorta info probably needs to be a lot better investigated, because they pretty much let business and developers run amuck without careful planning, they build apartments housing and all kinds of things right over known flood areas, old garbage dumps, and things of that nature. There is this area to the north of me near that monstrosity called "Cowboys stadium" where they are putting in these high dollar housing and town houses. The area used to flood like hell, and sits on very unstable ground. The city dump is just right next door too! Lol fools!

trainrider06

Okay, back on topic.

Hey Tony just saw this, the servo must have some teeth ground from the sounds of it, and feel. It feels a little crunchy. It'll turn but feels crunchy. So am figuring some teeth got shaved a bit.

Smoggie

Hi Rodney,

Hope you dont object to me jumping on the back of your thread with a few 'today's flights' of my own.

Had a decent day at the field today, I arrived late so missed the other guys but got eight flights in. It's not often that i add a new stunt to my repertoire but today I found myself doing what would almost pass as rainbows. It was my 'beater' 600 Pro that I was doing them with because I'm a bit braver with that heli than with the more exotic birds in my fleet. Unfortunately I didn't get the 600 Pro on video but i'll have another go tomorrow weather permitting.

I did get some other videos though and there is a 'hint of rainbow' in a few of the moves:

Agile 7.2:
[video=youtube_share;xeOhFGHzkBQ]https://youtu.be/xeOhFGHzkBQ[/video]

I've got another couple of videos uploading so prepare to be bored!

trainrider06

Don't mind at all Steve, I gotta say I sure do dig that Agile heli, really like that canopy too! Fusuno makes a canopy for my 450L called the Pink panther, I am sooo tempted to get one! One of these days I sure hope to get some more spirited flights outta my heli's!
Nice job Steve!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I like watching you fly your big birds Smoggie. They're some awesome looking machine you've have their.

Smoggie

Today was a Goblin day! I took out my new 700 Speed and my 'Old Faithful' 630Comp. I got 6 flights in on the speed and 2 on the comp. This was only the 2nd outing for the speed but it's pretty much dialled in already:
2017_0305.jpg

Smoggie

Just the title 'Today's flights' seemed appropriate. Feel free to move it if there is a better home for it.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Either way, this thread or another... those are some awesome looking birds smoggie :hdbng:

Top Bottom