Time to upgrade

bigone5500

Oh. And I have my bed leveled at .100" or so. The printer prints a line along the right side of the bed then lifts a little. It then goes to the center to start the print but it looks as though it's about twice as high as it needs to be. I may shoot creality an email and see what they say.

Tony

Staff member
So on the bed level, the level you measured was the "absolute zero". There is a Z Axis Offset that you can set to adjust the height of the first layer. On mine, my first layer is somewhere between .18mm and .2mm.

bigone5500

Seems I need to adjust the Z offset. I did this in a test print and when I went to -.7 it was closer to the print bed. I really think I need to invest in the CRtouch.

Tony

Staff member
It is well worth the money IMO. You still have to set the Z offset (which is SUPER EASY with the touch screen), but once that is done, just probe the bed before a print (it always probes the center, but I have it set to a 16 point probe every print) and it will auto adjust the Z height for that print.

Tony

Staff member
I tightened down the far back left of the bed (where the wires go, there is a bracket that stops the bed from going down, and makes it very solid) as tight as it would go, then I set the bed level as close as I could for the other 3 corners. Then, I removed my Z Axis stop switch from the frame. When you get the touch mounted, first thing, put the firmware on the card and put it in the board to flash it. Be sure to raise the Z axis up quite a ways so that if it starts to come down, you can unplug the Z motor, or just power off the system. It should not move the Z axis at all before it flashes.

Tony

Staff member
Because it can stop the nozzle from going all the way down to the bed, especially if you lower the bed like I did. I would rather lower the bed height which compresses the springs more, which makes the bed more rigid. Pair that with glass, and you have a very stable base that is not likely to move. You can just unplug the Z axis switch, but to keep from crashing, I just removed it.

bigone5500

Well I got the cr touch installed but I can't seem to get the instructions right. I am trying to get the thing to set the z offset but I guess I'm doing it wrong. I follow the instructions to to get the z offset and then I input it and save. I then choose to level the bed and the bed raises up and runs into the print nozzle and causes the stepper to strip out. The bed drops quickly but I switch the power off before it can do anything else.

What can I be doing wrong?

Tony

Staff member
What I meant is which of the firmware for 4.2.7? When I flashed mine, it flashed to the wrong one that was in chinese. It took some digging to locate the correct firmware.

And with the crashing, you may want to put the z stop back in. Don't want to damage the glass bed.

bigone5500

Ender-5- Marlin2.0.1 - V1.1.1 - BLTouch - TMC2225

I must be doing something wrong. Maybe the directions are not the best but the bed shouldn't be running into the print head.

Tony

Staff member
Try this one.

Attachments

• Ender-5 ProTF1.1.6.3BLTouchV3.1PowerLossContinueEnglishT84.zip
    124.4 KB · Views: 1

bigone5500

That file is in hex format. I'm not sure that this 32 bit board supports it. All I have ever found is bin format. I'm leery of trying it.

Tony

Staff member
Oh, I didn't catch that... I just checked mine, and you are right, you need a .bin file. Sorry about that. I will continue to look

Top Bottom