600 Thunder tiger raptor 30 nitro

Adam

Ok guys so i guy in my flying club is retiring his stuff. I can get this heli at a good price with three sets of blades. What are some reviews on this or should i just wait until i get the money for an electric 600. Tell me your thought. This has the 39 nitro on it and the bird was never flown or engine started. I can get it for 350

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
See if you can list the electronics over here!

Raptor is a very trusted and very known line of helis.

Now what company made that engine.. 39 is a powerful size for that heli.. But what company?

Ok.. What version? Is it the SE? Metal head or plastic head?

Flybar or flybarless... ? And again what electronics does it come with.

Good electronics and this deal would be SLAMMING! Meh electronics and this could be ok deal.

All depends on what you getting .. Also. Blades are carbon or wood?

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

stokke

I youtubed it, looked cool :D But whaat size is it compared to a 600? On the tube it looked a bit larger than a 450..?

Adam

Ya its 45 inches long which is close to a 600 trex is what i found i will be checking it out here at 1200. Ok so this is bird with pro 39H nitro motor no electronics. He has some JR NES 9021 servos that i could get for 40. futaba Gy520 gyro. 2 cell lip 950mah with regulator which i dont know if i need since i have never had a nitro heli so gaba this is all for you lol. Then i would need to come up with a good tail servo also. Two sets of carbon blades and one set of fiberglass all this for 500.

- - - Updated - - -

well and also what kind of a receiver do i need running a DX6i will a 6ch rx work and please explain rx battery and if i need a regulator please

- - - Updated - - -

Its a mix of plastic and metal hope this helps flybarred of course

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
yeah.. not a bad deal.. :) any pics? You will love this bird! Its still flown.. still new models based off the same exact designs are coming out. Cant go wrong with that bird :)

Adam

Ok so I have worked out a deal with the guy i will own it within the month it is V2 sport kit so it is a newer version. It is upgraded to ball bearing unstead of bushings. Three sets of 550 blades Z Weave carbon fiber. Bought 4 JR NES 9021 for throttle and cyclic a futaba gy 520 gyro. Pitch gauge nitro box with starter and pump. Extra linkages and balls a external bec so i can run what voltage i want and can use a 3 cell 2200 mah batt from my 450 i think and all manuals and packaging the engine has never even had a glow plug in it yet. And for plastic i want to say wow is this thing made of good quality. Now all i need is a good tail servo and affordable and would like to stay JR. And will be looking for either an 7ch rx or 8ch. I like the 8 ch better so shopping it is. Here is some pics of the heli. Crap im into nitros.
20121209_122511.jpg20121209_122530.jpg20121209_122610.jpg20121209_123422.jpg
Oh Yeah and a TT Remote glow plug adapter.
Final cost of everything 520 I basically stole it from the guy but his medical condition has stopped his hobby ability.

20121209_122511.jpg

20121209_122530.jpg

20121209_122610.jpg

20121209_123422.jpg

Adam

Ok so one problem no LHS carries heli fuel so if i use airplane fuel there will be no smoke so gaba get in on this one please

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
DONT!! Bad idea

Plane fuel has much much less oil composition. You'll end up hurting the engine BAD!

See if you can order with them bro. Rotor rage or power master 30 percent is my choice.

15percent is ok too. But not plans fuel at all.

Remember there is almost no cooling to the engine as its tucked inside the frame with a little fan blowing on it. Less oil means hot running engine :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Adam

cool thanks gaba. my lhs you have to order *8 cases lol. I can order 30 online a case of 6 gallons for 115 and the hazmat shipping kills ya

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
610 for tail ? 610 is a cyclic servo? I mean I guess you could use it.. but prefer 620 or higher..

If you were around here adam.. I have a guy I order from costs me 18 bucks a gallon for 30 percent powermaster. lol almost half the price. I would have hooked you up with some :D

Whirlybird

610 for tail ? 610 is a cyclic servo? I mean I guess you could use it.. but prefer 620 or higher..

If you were around here adam.. I have a guy I order from costs me 18 bucks a gallon for 30 percent powermaster. lol almost half the price. I would have hooked you up with some :D

So what is needed is a PIPELINE between Gaba and Tony so that RC-Help can take advantage of the savings :chuckles:

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
You got that right Frank lmao. They are actually talking about building one, but it's for crude though... lmao.

Adam, as I stated in teh text, the 655 is about the best you can go with but the 620 will work perfectly fine and is what a lot of people used when they first came out.

Adam

ok I found a dealer for torco heli fuel the reviews look good and about the same price as cool power. anybody familiar with it

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I am not . BUt if it says its heli fuel. and its 15percent or 30 percent.. you should be good. There are my other companies making fuel.. so might just be one of them. If you have read reviews.. then you are good :)

- - - Updated - - -

just read their 30 percent furl has 22 percent oil content.. while rotor rage has 21.. Just means that you'll have a good smooth and cool running fuel. It seems to be those underdogs that performs well as far as I have heard .. just that they havent marketted themselves much..

Adam

yup that's what I found out too which is why the fuel is more smoky lol. 30 a gallon the cheapest I can find and I'm picking it up when I visit the inlaws in michigan lol

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
NICE! You'll love the heli and the smell of nitro fuel.. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... man! its cold.. and you make me wanna fly mine.. lol

Top Bottom